Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: *** November Challenge - Lost in Space ***

Guild Apprentice

I suddenly have all sorts of ideas running through my mind. I'll have to decide if any of them are practical now.
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

I've never done a space map before in my life, but I'm keen to give it a burn. I really liked the sort of retro baroque space look created in Lynch's Dune movie (that was all I liked about the film, being an avid fan of the book.) Might try for something along a similar line.

Good luck to all.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Blog Entries

I am probably going to use a lot of scripting to get to my result. And I think using tutorial methods is the idea ! I mean actually using the images from the tuts might not be but the techniques definitely.

Oh and there are blanks in scrabble to sub for one Y.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well not having done a space map before, I was leaning toward not participating in this one. But then I remembered JFJr's challenge to me to somehow include my 'desert' planet (from the past 2 challenges) in this month's challenge.

YOU'RE ON JOE!

...Hopefully my entry doesn't suck
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Err yea.... I had no idea there was such as word for it, but I am far more surprised by the spelling. I mean damn, how the hell would you even pronounce that????
    Yeah JF I couldnt resist to enter that word into wikipedia... every time I stumble across such words I wonder how many other weird words exist to describe things you actually never heard of

Oh and not that you really wanted to know it but the german translation would be: Syzygium
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Blog Entries

So your alright with only 2 Y's in German scrabble then

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Bryant - there is some latitude for you to self police. I wouldn't stop yourself from using tutorials - this is why you read them and thats the idea. If you feel like a script or a component gives you an unfair advantage why don't you post a link to the script for others. After that its artistic sense and fair competition as far as I can see.

If people like your stuff posting sources and inspiration is always appreciated.

Sigurd

thanks sigurd

heh, only planet type i havent really figured out how to make are gas giants.... i just cant get the hang of them.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Well not having done a space map before, I was leaning toward not participating in this one. But then I remembered JFJr's challenge to me to somehow include my 'desert' planet (from the past 2 challenges) in this month's challenge.

YOU'RE ON JOE!

...Hopefully my entry doesn't suck
    awesome! I can't wait to see this!
    Something witty and pithy

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Would it also be a good idea to take the winning map (or at least a suitable one with a decent solar system described / mapped ) and find a suitable planet on there and have that as the CWBP planet since, as yet, it is still unnamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    There's also Redrobes' comment about picking the winning map as the system for the CWBP world, so there's two worlds to fit in to the system. Of course, the region from September could just be another area of the CWBP world if two worlds is too much
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    syzygy - Scrabble doesn't have enough 'y's.
    You could do it with white letters ;-)

Anyway, I've never done space maps either, but I'll have a go at it, might be fun !
    Back to business

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast