Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November Entry: GRX593 - Kalpana

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's really odd how the eye interprets ellipses as not necessarily as ellipses seen flat on but as circles in perspective with some of the orbits but not others (for me, anyway). There must be some cues which make it so, but I'm not sure what they are.
    I was worried about the crossing ellipses on the outer ice giant would look as if the moons were going to hit each other. Instead they look fine with the orbit of the moon crossing the pole looking as if it's inside the other moon.

I added the Traveller stuff as someone mentioned the game in the challenge thread. Besides, it gives us some data to play with if we Traveller players want to use it. If I've got time over the month, there should be more in-jokes to come.

I'm very pleased on how this has turned out. I had to follow the Campaign Cartographer Issue 22 Annual manual (and the starfield one) closely to get the results I wanted. After a number of false starts, this one came together nicely. Only one bit of post-work, to polish the sun up a bit.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Info

### IMPERIAL SCOUT SERVICE - WORLD SURVEY ###
    GRX593 - Kalpana System
    GRX593-IV Kalpana

The survey of the system is complete. Have appended a chart of the system and a survey map of the main world. Have observed further energy discharges on sensors and decided to make a landing at a remote point in order to refuel and to survey closer. The technological base of the world does seem to be at the iron age level (TL1). There is a deity belief system in place, and also a belief in magical powers. During first contact with the people in the surveyed area, this became the explanation for the energy discharges picked up. Of course, this can not be the case and there must be a hidden technological base for the events. There may be some indications that some of the populous exhibit skills in psionics.

The people of the region are undergoing a diaspora, due to some plague in the eastern reaches of the area surveyed. I have not attempted to explore further or to extend contact due to the risk of contamination. I would recommend a zoning status be placed on the world of at least Yellow level due to the ongoing contagion.

I can confirm that there are non-human sophonts on this world. The world seems to have been seeded by several differing forms of sentient life. As well as humans, I have encountered a Human-K'Kree cross species. The world may have been a genetic testing ground of the Ancients.

Final report to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovChallengeChart.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	7569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovChallengeFluff.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	7570  
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Map

### IMPERIAL SCOUT SERVICE - FINAL REPORT ###
    GRX593 - Kalpana

Completing survey report with the record of the system. As stated in the previous addendum I am recommending that the system is given a Yellow hazard status. This is due to contagion on the main world and the possible presence of hidden high technology or psionics.

Submit Final Report

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovChallengeMap.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	955.9 KB 
ID:	7571  

I wasn't going to. The system orbit map is the entry. The other system chart and the planetary map were just for fun. I'm not sure if the world map is able to be entered anyway. It's a Fractal Terrains world and not one generated by me in the first place. Recognise it?

LOL, yes it looks familiar! I don't see why you can't use it. people use dunjinni symbols all the time. Provided it isn't the main part of the entry but incidental. I was thinking more of the system diagram though which looks really sweet.

Kalpana, by the way, means Fantasy or imagination

Guild Adept

I really like all the work you did on this. Inspires me to do a system map* for each of the populated solar systems I have on my map. Wow. And did I mention wow?

* Not for the challenge, but just for completeness.

Nice amount of work and thought put into this. I would suggest putting everything together into some cohensive package just because I know this group loves completeness. Great stuff
    Something witty and pithy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12