Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate gaming table?

Post Ultimate gaming table?

Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

They are D.B. Fletcher tables (I came across them a while ago)

http://www.dbfletcher.com/capstan/

My understanding is it started as tables for yachts that could be anchored to the floor and stayed out of the way but could be expended for more table space.

There are a few other videos at the website along with various styles.

-Rob A>

Thanks for the link! Those are very sweet. Hm... the price is "If you have to ask you can't afford it" Still one of those would be very cool to have. I currently have a rectangular dining room table that expands to a 6' foot square allowing 8 people to sit around it, but it is really heavy and bulky. This table looks to be much sleeker and compact.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Ultimate gaming table?
    Actually, this is the ultimate gaming table.
    Last edited by RPMiller; 01-19-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordman View Post
    Actually, this is the ultimate gaming table.
    That's nice, but I've actually seen even better ones. Although the quality of that one has them all beat. However, if we are really going to talk about ultimate gaming table I refer you to this.

That's nice, but I've actually seen even better ones. Although the quality of that one has them all beat. However, if we are really going to talk about ultimate gaming table I refer you to this.
    ROFL... You tell em RP!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Comine that with some sort of Microsoft Surface technology table, and then you are talking

Agreed, but the Surface is just a bit out of most people's budget range sort of like all the Ultimate Gaming Tables out there. If the price ever comes down for the $12K mark, I would consider getting one. Of course you could just use a tablet PC or a Cintiq and have a similar experience, but with a much smaller playing surface.

Some of the new LCD monitors/TVs on the large-ish end are coming with touchscreen monitor controls... I don't expect it to be much longer before we see 30'+ touchscreen monitors.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

CNN's "Magic Map" monitor is huge...not only in size but price as well. The guy on the morning show tossed off as an aside while bantering that it was $50,000.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast