Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Icarus Starlane

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm wanting to see what becomes of the portraits at the bottom...are they the escapees that Icarus has to apprehend? If so I'll volunteer to keep watch over that Taylor Swift-lookin prisoner
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The Icarus is a smuggler scout vessel of unknown ownership and suspected of passing classified military secrets of the Alliance to the Shogunate. Casandra Ley, was a former Lieutenant of BNI, but has disappeared from radar and suspected of supplying the classified secrets to the Icarus pilot, who is believed to be trading this information to the Shogunate through a Yakuza surrogate. (All have already been said...)

The good guys would be aboard an Alliance Patrol Cruiser, not pictured here. This is an investigators tool to find the culprits sought by BNI.

Next update - I supplied the rest of the suspects involved, along with a top/side/front view of the Icarus at the top left corner of the map.

Will try to finish this weekend.

GP

PS: yes, Ascension, you can watch, but don't touch!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	672.0 KB 
ID:	7584  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-07-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post great improvement again

I wasnt sure about changing to green first GP, but now I have to say its really fitting
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Wip Final Map complete!

And finally, I am complete with the November Challenge map!

The last two insets - Titania Belt is an asteroid belt in the nebula with a station located on one asteroid. The second inset is a moonlike world with the space colony I just created and posted in the Mapping Elements forum, but rendered at an oblique angle, instead.

That's it! Good luck to everyone this month!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus-final.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	7593  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Adept

Very nice looking map. I like the details.

Post Agreed on both points!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I really like the story this tells. It's like a 1970's SF movie poster or a hand out for a traveller RPG scenario.
    I am totally in agreement with you Ravs, on both points. The truth is I am really more of an artist than a scientist. In school, I was great in art, history, english, earth sciences, even the non-mathmatical portions of astronomy (is there such a thing?) but at math - I suck.

So I was more reluctant to create these accurate starsystem/galaxy models that exist in many of the other maps. Even using reasonable location markers is really outside my skills or interest.

Instead I created a plauseable storyline in the form of a map that users to game whether a Traveller scenario, or even a screen on a video game prior to actual play, can use.

It isn't the amazing scientific creations by everyone else, rather its a story in map form - or a poster, certainly!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-10-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Adept

Hey that makes it cool too. It still conveys a sci-fi story without the precise astronomical units.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm with you GP, I'd say I'm definitely more the artist than scientist...all that high-end math makes my brain hurt, though I did stumble thru Calc in college.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast