Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: November Entry: Icarus Starlane

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I really like the idea of telling a story with a map...truly a unique idea that I've never thought of. I try to convey a feeling of emotion with mine. So I guess that puts me in the artist category as well since I had to take Algebra 3 times just to get the passing grade of C but never got less than A in those same similar classes to yours. I wonder if we all here are more or less like that?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post I think we got a mix

I think we got a thorough mix here, as Torstan, for sure is a scientist. All those programmers making GIMP scripts are more mathematic than I. Heck, Arcana is an engineer. So you and I may be artists and all of us have some artist in us, but some have more science than others.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

After some thought I think I'd place myself somewhere in the middle with a lean more towards the artistic - even though I am a programmer by trade I originally wanted to be a graphic artist. Ahh, the long, lost dreams of youth.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I think we got a thorough mix here, as Torstan, for sure is a scientist. All those programmers making GIMP scripts are more mathematic than I. Heck, Arcana is an engineer. So you and I may be artists and all of us have some artist in us, but some have more science than others.

GP
    Heh GP, while I do some programming I actually always had troubles with my math

I think all of us are at least a bit of an artist or we wouldnt be here doing maps Being creativ is being an artist imo. If you design some nice gears/clocks as keys or if you can handdraw some fine maps in the end its about creativity and art The way doesnt matter in the end if someone likes your result
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Wip Update and Extra Credit!

I was looking at the background (galaxy) of the map and noticed some problems with the blend between solid black and starfield, so I repaired that section. I added an Alliance logo to the bottom right of the map for a finishing element. Still needs work though.

For extra credit, I created a map object of the Icarus ship and I also created a single deckplan for the Icarus as well. Enjoy!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus-final.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	7756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus-ship.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	7757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus-deck.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	7758  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice additions to an already fantastic piece of work.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It seems to me perfect for the competition.
    Very professional, too.

Quality stuff as usual. very concise presentation of a load of information
    Something witty and pithy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123