Thread: City symbols from Civ2

Post City symbols from Civ2

I've found the following site very useful:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ry:Civ2_Cities

It has a bunch of city, town, and terrain icons made for Civilization 2 scenarios that look quite good on maps. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to use them on professional for-profit projects, but otherwise the Civ2 community is pretty good about being willing to share work if properly credited.

There are also some terrain and other icons on that site some people might find useful.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You might also try CivFanatics they have stuff right up through Civ IV
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't forget PakBuild to extract the images from the original pak files (puts them into a folder called "art") and then use NifSkope to mess around with getting a good ISO/3d view.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Excuse my naivity, but I'm wondering if this might be what I was looking for some years ago.

I was using Sim City with all the cheats because I wanted to map out a city without actually playing the economic game.

Does this Civilization game allow you to do that better than Sim City? I'm just looking at an easy way to map out an entire modern/future city.

Thanks.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nope, Civ doesn't allow for any city building it's more like "the most advanced form of Risk ever" in that you build a nation with economics, politics, religion, culture, etc. and also kick the butts of your enemies. The buildings can be modded of course but you don't actually plan out how the city looks.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

<sigh> Oh well, I'll keep looking. One day I might get frustrated enough to put my own together.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.