Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Monthly Asteroid Party

Post Here's a space colony!

Sagenlicht, it just so happens, that I created a space colony map object tonight and posted it in the Map Elements Forum. You know, like the Dundjinni Forums, our own Map Elements Forum is a place you can find things.

You don't have to use it, and if you do you don't have to feel like I created this for you - I just created a map object that's hard to find, that's all!

Here's the link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...7650#post37650

If you choose to use it, just throw me some REP and we'll call it even!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post Thanks alot GP :)

Thanks alot GP

Feel hit with my rep stick, though I admit I think it will add only one point

I'll try to integrate it for sure
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Wip Next Update

Ok, I played a bit with your colony GP

What you ya think? Did I resize it too much?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November Challenge.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	7587  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I gotta tell ya, my DJing skills are goign to need to be brushed up before the party. But I can play the drums!

nice name drop!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post Throw in a scale

Place a scale to give viewers of your map an idea on the size of that asteroid, I think that would really put across the line to whether this was a map or illustration.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I gotta tell ya, my DJing skills are goign to need to be brushed up before the party. But I can play the drums!

nice name drop!
    Your's and mine both, but I can't play the drums worth a damn!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was a rave DJ in college so I can do that part...gotta get me some new turntables though
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Next WiP

Ok it took me a while to post an update, mainly cause I used some time on the scripting part.

I added a backside of the flyer where I placed some star coordinates. I hope this qualifies now as a valid entry

Be warned if you click on the thumbnail and got a slower internet connection... the file got twice as a big now

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November Challenge.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	7922  
    Last edited by Sagenlicht; 11-19-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: opsie forgot to add ### Latest WIP ###
    My Map Challenge Entries

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The cloud cluster/galaxies in the second one look real nice...might want to expand on that one some more and have it be the main map and the asteroid as a bonus. Time permitting of course
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hmm Ascension I think the above version will be my final WiP.

Let me explain why:

When I started to work on this month challenge I had about no clue of space and or sci-fi because it never interested me that much. So I feared that this month entry wont be on the same level as my last entries have been.

In the end I have to say while I dont expect to get many votes for my entry as there are some great entries this month (actually I guess this month voting will be one tough choice!) I am pretty much pleased with my result. In addition I learned alot.

I tried to add some twist to the challenge and I came up with the idea of a party flyer. So the first thing I did was that asteroid. I admit that today I know that an asteroid will probably not have the shape I gave it but heh thats what you have to learn. Anyways I really like the way the flyer looks like.

When I came up with the flyer idea I allready planned to do a backside but as a bonus not actually for the challenge. Now my flyer didnt meet all requirements for the challenge so I decided to use the backside for what I think was needed to end up within the rules. Now while doing this backside I allready knew alot more of how actually 'space' is looking about. I guess you can see it

But I still like my flyer idea and I wont change it. The backside is still 50% of my entry and I dont think it looks totally off, actually I really can imagine holding that flyer in my hand and turn it around

Hmm well as I allready said this month has alot of great entries though I hope I will get at least one vote
    My Map Challenge Entries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast