Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Monthly Asteroid Party

Post November Entry: Monthly Asteroid Party

Hmm like nearly everyone else, this is my very first step into space... well what would a famous intro say? Space... the Final Frontier

Anyways, here is my challenge entry. I'll take a different approach and hope I am within the rules of the content

I will do a party flyer with the location of the next party. I hope this qualifies as being a travellers map.

Please notice that I havent added the location info yet in my WiP, its supposed to be where the stay tuned placeholder is.

As always I hope for some comments and critiques

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November Challenge.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	7539  
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Post Cool idea

Cool idea, Sagenlight! Reminds me of the January 07 challenge with a spacial twist.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yet another cool and original twist/take...I like it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip WiP Update

Ok here we go,

here is an update to the WiP

I'd like to know if I am allowed to use the Cartographers symbol? I decided to use them to give the flyer a more 'genuine' feeling. If I may not use them I'll replace them.

The Ascension Mining Inc is for Ascensions Asteroid Tutorial Even though I wasnt able to follow it in GIMP cause I failed to reproduce his lightning effects (RobA if you are reading this, help!) it gave me an idea how I can do the starfield

I hope you like the update, please give me some comments and critiques

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	77 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	7567  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Post When I get there...

So when I get to the asteroid for this party, where am I supposed to land my ship? I think you need a structure on that asteroid as the party house, unless its inside the asteroid. Still you need a landing port and entry area to get in.

I also think you need to place some shadows especially on the side of the asteroid opposite from the presumed light source, to give a asteroid a more three-dimensional feel.

Looking good so far, though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

OO got my vote
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    The Ascension Mining Inc is for Ascensions Asteroid Tutorial Even though I wasnt able to follow it in GIMP cause I failed to reproduce his lightning effects
    I'm pretty sure there is a plug-in/script out there that somewhat approximates the PS Lighting Effects. I searched quite a bit when I was using GIMP and know I found something somewhere - just can't remember exactly where it was.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It looks great, and I love the idea but IMO it needs something more (although I'm not sure what it is - galactic co-ordinates?) just something to make it a little busier and even more fun.

Wip Next Update

Well this is a rather small update, I tried to get the shadows fixed a bit, I am aware of that problem, though I am unsure I will get it better done than in this try. Its better imo

As a second addition I added a spaceship at the bottom. I think adding something there is a nice addition though I am not sure that this spaceship will be the final solution.

@GP
    Yes GP, I planned to add a mining colony to the asteroid which of course would solve the landing problem. I am still searching for a minig colony though cause I am not able to render one by myself heh. I really wanna learn blender for those things, cause actually when I did my first battlemap I noticed that I completly lack the possibilties to add objects on my own and have to use items from dundjinni forums and similar places. Sadly I havent found time to start learning it, but by now RR allready started to post stuff about it, so it will be easier for me to start (or at least I hope so). I highly doubt though I will be able to use blender for this challenge though which means I have to find a nice colony I may use for this

About the 3D feel and the shadows. I hope its better now?

@SG
    Hmm your google-fu is better than mine then, I cant find such a plug-in

@ravells
    Hmm ravells, about the galactic coordinates. Yep I wanted to use those, but lacking any experience with sci-fi I tried about 1 hour to find out how galactic coordinates look like and what they would be for the Alpha Centauri system I went to bed
    Actually I hoped the combination by naming Alpha Centauri and giving the asteroid the name 457.3 would be qualifying as a galatic coordinate. Back to google then

Anyways even if its only a small update, did it improve?

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	69 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	7585  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Post Maybe I can whip one out for you!

Maybe I can whip one out for you, I'll match your lighting and shadow direction creating a central hub and some outlying structures with piping corridors reaching them from the hub, with a landing zone to one side.

I'll see what I can do tonight and post up a transparent PNG file for you tomorrow. Does that help?

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast