Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Guide to the Galaxy

shoot i knew i shouldnt have gotten started on this project, now i cant stop, im addicted to working on it you could say

okay relatively small update, just added squares for the different selection areas, the biggest one is the current one.

Also, just thought I would let you know, this is basically set up as a computer. Click a target area, the bottom screen pops up with the system's objects (planets, asteroids, etc), while the top screen pops up with a picture taken from somewhere in that system. Click one of the planets or objects, and the middle screen pops up with a picture of that object, along with info on it, while if it has any objects orbiting it, those pop up in the bottom screen (click the systems sun, the planets pop up in the bottom screen. Click a planet, the moons pop up, click a moon, nothing pops up, unless there is a space station orbiting it ).

So yea, but now looking at it i forgot to remove the asteroid from whats orbiting the sun... oh well, i can have it that its orbiting the sun

first image is the WIP, second is an example of what would happen if you click on the sun

shoot the stupid attachments thing is messing up again, and i know for a fact that the file is small enough

oh well, ill put them as images

edit: comments and advice are welcome....

### Latest WIP ###

Last edited by bryguy; 11-13-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Nice looking stuff. I really love the look of that star and the galaxy. Those look tight. I think on the galaxy map the call out rectangles need to be a bit stronger. They seem to be getting lost in the wash. Pop those bad boys out

I am eagerly awaiting you to call this one "done."
    Something witty and pithy

thanks mmmmmpig

Im actually considering making a website for it, although i doubt ill find time

ive actually been busy lately, and today i was gonna work on it a little. Maybe add a button, sliders, etc to the terminal part of it, and maybe work on the individual systems
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Okay I added a button and some sliders to this, and unless anybody has any thoughts on how to improve it, I guess its done

I put it back to how it would look before you selected a system, if anybody wants, I can change it to show a system

### Latest WIP ###

edit: shoot, stupid attachments STILL arent working

What are you doing/not doing vis a vis attachments?

What are the steps, and where is it not working?

What is your browser?

What is your image size (dimensions and file size) and type?

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    What are you doing/not doing vis a vis attachments?

What are the steps, and where is it not working?

What is your browser?

What is your image size (dimensions and file size) and type?

-Rob A>

Im just uploading them..

Click manage attachments, click choose file, then choose my file and hit upload. Its after that that it stops working, cause then the manage attachments screen will either freeze in the middle of loading or finish uploading but then go to an error screen that suggests i refresh, and when i do it takes me to the cartographers guild home page.....

browser? dont really remember what that is... is that like internet browser? I use Safari, and I have a Mac, dont know which you wanted to know

Image size is 1000x1000, dont know exactly the file size, it seems each time i look it says a different size, righ tnow it is saying 21.6 MB (and if thats the case, then I know what my problem is) but yesterday it said like 3.8 MB, file type is .png.

I have been having the same issues. my file is a jpeg that is only 2.38 Mb in size

ascension mentioned that as well, but my image depth is only 150 dpi for a 25in x 35in image.... that shouldn't be too big

Here is the limit.

Limitations
    Unfortunately, there are also a couple of limitations. The first is file sizes. The following is a list of the file size limits:

bmp - 7.63 MB
    gif - 7.63 MB
    jpg - 4.77 MB
    png - 4.77 MB

The second limit is the actual image size. The image must be less than 30 megapixels in actual size. If you try to upload a 6000x6000 jpeg that has a file size of only 1MB, it will fail (sometimes with a blank screen, sometimes with a database error depending on the actual size...) as it is 36 megapixels. This limitation is being worked on, and will hopefully be resolved soon.
    If your dimensions and size are both less than that, what is your connection speed?

I know that web-servers will timeout if an upload takes too long...

Please PM Arcana with the time you get a failed upload and he can check the logs.

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast