Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Guide to the Galaxy

Wip November Entry: Guide to the Galaxy

Right now this is just a placeholder. While you wait, Ill just post an image of 2 black holes, both made by me. These will most likely be used in my project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackhole.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	776.1 KB 
ID:	7550  
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool...looking forward to seeing more.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

eh, thought i would add some words to this, while i wait for some help on another thing for my project....

hehe, try and guess what it says!

and since the attachments is refusing to work for me (keeps popping up saying database error) ill post it as a image

Last edited by bryguy; 11-05-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: oops, its broken!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Well, I recognise the text as Aurek-Besh (Star Wars). The top one has the right number of letters for "Black Hole". If I'm feeling especially geeky later, I may dig out the alphabet sheet I've got and translate.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Well, I recognise the text as Aurek-Besh (Star Wars). The top one has the right number of letters for "Black Hole". If I'm feeling especially geeky later, I may dig out the alphabet sheet I've got and translate.
    shows the translation here

the astronomers had not a better name for that?

Quote Originally Posted by joćo paulo View Post
    shows the translation here

the astronomers had not a better name for that?
    actually its not a name, but valarian hit the font and the first line right on the dot

its actually a survival tip

it says:

Black Hole
    Avoid at all Costs

hmm... seems like most production on this will be halted till around the middle of november, as the Adobe PS Cs4 trial isnt coming out until around then, and I need some filters from photoshop to be able to make the main part of my entry, and i have tried about all the 50 other possible things, and nothing has worked

i have like one more thing to try, but i cant try that yet....

oh well, i guess ill just work on the overall look if it while i wait.

heres another part to my project

hmm.... better start on the main part before i do any more, otherwise ill just have a bunch of images and no Latest WIP

Name:	asteroid.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	7578  

Wip

Okay heres a general outline for the map

The big swirling arms are where the galaxy is gonna be

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Galaxy Project.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	496.2 KB 
ID:	7685  

wow its amazing how much you can get done in 10 minutes... although i got this done in about 10 minutes x 10.....

so yea the Cs4 trial finally came out, and that helped greatly

heres a link to the tutorial on the galaxy that i used: http://blog.hexagonstar.com/galaxy-tutorial/#

used this one for the gas giant:

http://www.solarvoyager.com/images/t...s/gasgiant.jpg

and used ascensions tutorial for the sun

edit: oops, forgot to show the location that the sun/planets are at.....

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Galaxy Project.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	7717  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast