Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best way to make zillions of little buildings?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

How do you get the shape variation on that? Now Gimp has an image pipe for the brush, but as far as I'm aware there's no such thing for PS. Is that just done through the size jitter controls?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's exactly how I have my house brushes set up (in the Mapping Elements section). You set the size jitter to vary the size of the square but if you also add in a roundness jitter it turns them into rectangles. Plopping them down gives you some houses with ells on them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

What version of photoshop are you guys running?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I use PS cs, quite old.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    I tried out doing houses with a brush in Photoshop (playing around with spreading etc) . I've made the brush so I just draw a line where I want the houses and they appear in a "line", varies a bit in colour, size and placement (see the image below).

Yeah, really ugly but it's just a test ok

This is the result so far:
    I'd love to see a detailed tuorial on how you setup this brush. I've read several posts that discuss using brushes of buildings, but this is the first post with a an example of this type of functionality (at least that I have found). I've learned so much more about Photoshop's capabilities from this community it's ridiculous. I'll play around with the brush settings when I get home and see if I can replicate this, but I'd welcome any explanation you could provide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123