Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map 29 : Sliss'Ash'Schtû

Default Map 29 : Sliss'Ash'Schtû

Sliss'Ash'Schtû is the homeland of the Ashteens, large bipedal dinosaur who consider the world as a vast hunting ground. All of the feudal society turned to the exclusive satisfaction of its dominant caste, the Warrior Lords who spend their time between their domain management and the Great Hunt.
    All species, that they are endowed with intelligence, represent a potential prey to which compliance is granted only if it is worthy of a good hunting for them...

Just a quick sketch with some ideas thrawn on the map.
    I think i'll go for a pure black and white one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	703.6 KB 
ID:	81958  

I am confused as to where this is; I thought 29 was an island nation just off the northeast coast of 14. (I was just prepping my defenses against the dinosaurs on island 32...)

Edit: never mind, looks like 29 and 33 got swapped on the main map!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This should be cool. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

At the dawn of time, the great egg broke. Shells pitched towards the sky to form impassable barriers and protect the center of the world. Two snakes, the large and the small, deployed to enclose land and fertilize the soil.
    The Ashteens consider the central plateau of their land as a sacred land that no living being can trample without their consent. The fighting upper-caste erected fortresses on the foothills of the main mountains to both control the access to its fields but as homes and hunting lodges. They have control of the air through the domestication of winged reptiles.
    The nobles found quiet refuge away from the promiscuity of the populous cities where they support poorly the vicinity of humans and dwarves that they were enslaved. The land is their wholly owned and prohibited of cultivation with the exception of the only need to feed the slaves subject.
    Hi all !
    It' s really difficult to read all the wips and take care how this world is developping. Lot of interesting world building there. Need half a day to read that .
    Here is my update. All feedback welcome !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	82062  

Oh, that's an interesting way of doing the mountains.
    Makes me think of intaglio prints. Very cool.
    If you did the rest of it like that [which would be a real challenge] it would be a masterpiece.

Edit - yes, I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone's posts and still getting my own work done. ;D

Very nice! Reading your story, I'm glad your land is far away, though.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I agree with J. If you'll do all the map in this style, this is going to be awesome.

Nice looking mountains. That's a crazy name, how do you pronounce it?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks J, Ilanthar and Max. These mountains was really difficult to chose and design. I was working on a same design in another map, with taller ones. For that map i had to simplify them, and i'm happy with the result. The difficulty is now to find forest to match with them .
    Thanks josiah. To pronounce Sliss'Ash'Schtû you must have a hair on the tongue and take a good breath before embarking .

Very true with the forests.... but if you pull it off, like the mountains, man, it will be gorgeous.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast