Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 09 - Chor'Tah (The Savage Lands)

Default Map 09 - Chor'Tah (The Savage Lands)

I finally had an opportunity to start working on my map. So far I have the rivers in and starting to rough in my mountains. Since I'm not so good with scale can I get some comments on the size of my mountains, if they are too big or too small? (The three mountains in front "the three brothers" should be the biggest on the map. The ones behind them will be roughly the size of the rest of the mountains I put in) I know I don't have much done so far, but will keep working on it today. Will try to get the rest of the mountains sketched in, hopefully by the end of the day.

Chor'Tah - The Savage Lands

"In days beyond remembering, great tribes of Orcs roamed the continent. Glorious battle coursed through their veins and the gods rejoiced as they took what they desired, by fist and iron. That was before the man things and other devious creatures spread across the lands, like fire through dry grass. From all sides the tribes of our ancestors where harassed. Dinosaurs, the Fey, cheese eating manlings, and others sought to push the orc tribes from the lands their forefathers once freely roamed. Many of these creatures died at the end of orcish spear and sword. But the enemies became too many, breeding like the vermin they are. So our ancestors gathered the tribes in Chor'Tah, the savage lands, and roamed the continent no more.

Many tried to push the orc tribes from Chor'Tah, but the great war chief Gruz'ur united the tribes and pushed their enemies back across the borders of the savage lands. Our ancestors built strongholds and protected Chor'Tah from all enemies. Many generations passed and our people flourished, using great skill and cunning, to tame the savage lands. Strongholds became towns and towns became cities and our people coaxed life from fields long barren. Steel was forged and gems of great worth were mined from the surrounding hills and mountains. Ships were built in the coastal towns. And our people prospered.

But the man things were not content to see our people prosper while they lived in squalor, so they sought to take what they did not have. In many numbers they came, and our people were sorely pressed. Our armies were pushed back from the northern border and were nearly extinguished. But the three brothers, Bor'Khan, Bel'Khan, and Grai'Khan, lead a force of reserves into glorious battle. Many man things died at the hands of the brothers. And even though they were greatly out numbered, the brothers halted the man things advance. Great battle took place and much blood was spilled. It seemed the man things would finally break through the battle lines, but the three brothers lead one final surge and turned the battle against the man things. All three gave their lives in that final attack that sent the man things retreating. And the gods were pleased. In honor of the brothers, the gods raised up the earth, at the sites where the brothers drew last breath, as a monument of their skill and bravery in battle.

Many generations have passed since and once again our people prospered. No more did the devious creatures of the world attempt to take Chor'Tah from our people. Still, glorious battle runs through our veins, and by strength of combat our lands are kept safe."
    -The tale of the three brothers, as told by Elder Shaman Kel'Tor

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 09 - Chor'Tah v1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	783.2 KB 
ID:	82012
    Last edited by Savage Orc; 04-04-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Loved reading this
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

That's awesome. Love the story.
    Should be interesting to see what transpires with your neighbors.

Thanks.

Had a setback. I went back to work more on my map and found that half my rivers and my mountain layer are gone! Not sure if I did something when flattening the image to resave as a jpeg and post here or what! Guess I will have to pull that jpeg in and use it as a layer as well. Or redraw everything I had so far.

Not sure how that happened since the rivers were all on one layer.

That sucks. I've done that myself a few times. It always sucks.

Fabulous backstory. Looking forward to where you take this. Hope it's not too bad getting things back up again. Realizing you have to redo squashed work is never fun.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Azuredawn to the east recognizes and remembers Gro'Basha and Gal'Krag. Two esteemed graduates of the Cartographers' Guild, trained as part of the treatise. Azuredawn, being a peaceful and civilized land of learning and culture, welcome our orc neighbors to the west and will always be there to represent you with civility should your borders be threatened.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Ok, went back in and redrew my mountains I lost and did a little more work. Still need to replace the rivers I lost, but that might have to wait until tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 09 - Chor'Tah v2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	82023

Too bad you lost the progress, but the mountains are looking awesome.

Cool backstory by the way!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Nicely done on the map. Those mountains and rivers look great. And very cool backstory!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast