Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 14 - Janantara Elubor [Ilanthar Land]

Default Map 14 - Janantara Elubor [Ilanthar Land]

I'm just beginning this... And you guys have been doing a lot in a short time as it appears. I'll certainly read all those posts a bit later. I just discover the new archipelago close to my land... (welcome to my new neighbour Vorro!).

So, I'll present you the coastlines of Janantara Elubor "The lands of the Great Communities of the Nantar". Its a big and mostl cold and wild lands. The Nanta are united by a common culture and a common faith, but they have formed a loosely alliance of communities. Faith, social relationships and technology are very important. They are developing machines with coal and magic.
    "Our lands are cold, but our hearts are warm". The Nantar are traders, seafarers, fishermen, largely present on the two seas and the nordic ocean. They "dream" of a future where they would be able to fly in machines and therefore discover the southern lands beyond the high mountains, and maybe reach the moon. They worship the moon goddess, mother of the seas and skies, guiding the traveller with her daughters, the stars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	594.1 KB 
ID:	82069
    I'm working at double size, but the post is real size.

Every suggestion and comment very welcome!

Ah, Ilanthar, finally you joined the fun! The folded paper look with your nice subtle coloring makes a very nice start. Looking forward to see it develop. Also, thank you so much for the kilomètre scale, very useful! XD
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey neighbor! Looking forward to normalizing relations between you and my various nations. And please make sure your coal-smoke blows the other way.

Looks good

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Looks great so far, and cool story! It's interesting times in the Guildworld for sure

Interesting times indeed
    Yes, very cool back story. I like the coal and magic combo.
    It really takes the regional/climate aspect to heart.

Perhaps the people of Janantara Elubor would find Maucland opals useful as magical focusing gems in their machines? If so, the scholars at the Helam Doch University would be very interested in their findings!

Thanks!

Certainly Jshoer! I suppose our connected ports are more than just "trading places".

I wanted top-down mountains for a change. So, this is a test of mountains using wilbur. What do you think of it? I've done a lot of tests and this one is the more "satisfying".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janantara Elubor.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	82258
    Anyway, I'll have more time to work on this (and to read all the threads!) next week.

I like it, the shadowing is nice. like the color palette. looking forward to this one.

Ilanthar - was the whole terrain generated in wilbur? Meaning the light and shadow areas?
    I'm asking because it looks like shadow is showing from several directions.
    I'm not sure what the light direction is - maybe I'm just not seeing where some of the ridges are.

I really like the look of it. The color scheme too.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast