Thread: Continental map

Guild Member

Post Continental map

I made this map following Ascension's 'drawing a continent in photoshop' tut.
    I think it came out alright, still a bit I need to work on, though by following these tuts I'm learning more techniques which help me out quite a bit, and surprisingly seem to go right along with what I'm learning in class.

Anyways, good points, bad points, what do I need to work on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dmf9ue.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	387.4 KB 
ID:	7676  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not bad at all, my only real critique at this point would be that it appears to be floating above the water.

Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's off to a great start so far. I know that it is an early work, but one thing that jumps out at me is the mountains. The mountains themselves look good, but everything else is quite flat, so they seem to leap off of the page more than what is natural...

The smaller mountains that you have in the lower right (desert area) they seem to work a little better because the desert has some texture to it, and the mountains aren't as drastic.

Still, as I said, this is a good WIP picture, and I think that you are off to a good start.