14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 42.86%
  • no

8 57.14%

Thread: Autumn Maps

Guild Member

Post Autumn Maps

Seeing as we're in the holiday season, and the leaves are changing, perhaps we should have a contest with Fall colours, leafless trees, and all the beauty of nature.

Though I can see it may not be map material, it could hold true in an RP where a land was trapped in 'ever-autumn'. or something to that effect.

Post It's OK...

Its an OK idea, I am sure there are many examples of high summer maps, with winter maps less common, but far more common than spring or autumn, so I can see the need for an Autumnal map.

Since I haven't officially started my Village of Nocturne map, which is intended to be an autumn setting, but with the twist of being a village map at night under the moonlight, but trees both leafy, coloring, and bare indicates early autumn, at least in the experimental sample provided in that link on the General Mapping WIP forum.

Nocturnal Scene test map

I could hold off doing the village, until such a challenge were to exist - if there's enough interest, otherwise I'm making the map on my own, as per my original plan.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Member

I also had thought of an Wintery map.. but figured to try Autumn now before it gets to winter.

Awesome Night scenes though, I'ld be very interested in seeing what you come up with..
    I love the lighting the way it is, though I dont have any experience with VTs, or really even know what a VT is..

Blog Entries

A VT is a virtual tabletop - sometimes also known as a VTT. Its where you have a map on a computer and tokens on the map which you can move around. You link up the PC with others over the net which can then share the movements so that a GM or player can move his character token or monster token and everybody gets to see that update. Then theres more stuff on top like voice, chat, dice and other stuff to enable play by internet. So people who live remote, or cant get to a game session can still play.

I write and use one see sig but there are about 40 or so of which about 6 are quite substantial. Another popular one is MapTool which many people on this site use. If you go to the keyword index on my sig there are both of them plus VTT and we have a VTT forum section here too for maps created with them in mind.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I voted against as we already have a November challenge and I believe the December one is finalised too. However I'm all for the idea of a winter challenge.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I voted against as we already have a November challenge and I believe the December one is finalised too. However I'm all for the idea of a winter challenge.
    Well, my wintery idea, was to map out a village or small region either on an icey mountaintop, or just covered in snow.. you could add anything to the idea you'd like.