Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [Award Winner] Making planets, moons, and suns in Photoshop

awesoome tut !

Hate to revive a dead(ish) thread, but I am having an issue with the gradient overlay part of this tutorial.

What happens is the colors seem to start at the bottom and work up. The other thing is that in your screenshots your land masses start at white, go to the yellow, then back to white, whereas mine go from yellow at the top to white at the bottom. I have clicked "reverse" on the gradient overlay to get the patterning right, but I don't get the repeat/cycle. I'll try and post some screenshots later.

~ Rob

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You need to click the gradient styles in that little box thing and choose reflected instead of linear.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That fixed it, but I still have to select "reverse" in the gradient overlay set up to get the desert in the middle of the planet, as opposed to the poles.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456