Thread: Fantasy RPG Town Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Fantasy RPG Town Map

Here's a town map I've been working on and off for the last week or so. This town was built over the ruins of a much older settlement. The outer and inner walls have either fallen to decay, or the stonework has been appropriated for other uses (ie buildings, bridges, property walls, etc). Perhaps the outer walls were never finished in stone and the original wooden walls have rotted away with time. I was also thinking that the little pond at the top of the map was originally man made and originally had some tactical significance hence the tower and walls (perhaps the river was wider in the town's past as well).

The various houses I drew by hand and scanned into the computer and manipulated with Photoshop. My initial inspiration to do this map came from pyrandon's excellent tutorial: A medieval town map tutorial in Photoshop. As I digest the info in this tutorial, I'm sure I will be tweaking my own map as I try out new things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	largetown001.png 
Views:	12701 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	7655  
    Last edited by Turgenev; 11-10-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Revised town background to make it closer to my original idea & uploaded modified map
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx