Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: November Entry: Pocketwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    ah, but the problem with the elliptical orbits is that the hands would have to somehow change size
    So? We are talking about a fantastical device aren't we? An ellipse can be drawn with two central points and piece of string. If you can do that, surely some futuristic steam punk scientist could create the intricate gearing to make it work.

Don't limit yourself or your imagination.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    So? We are talking about a fantastical device aren't we? An ellipse can be drawn with two central points and piece of string. If you can do that, surely some futuristic steam punk scientist could create the intricate gearing to make it work.

Don't limit yourself or your imagination.
    Don't forget the Double Slider Trammel Ellipse Tracing Linkage (gotta love that name!)

...or any of these wacky linkages...

-Rob A>

Well there you go then.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

well blimey ... put me in my place why dontchya

Only because I see a lot of potential in your entry, and I believe it could be a contender.

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Only because I see a lot of potential in your entry, and I believe it could be a contender.
    Could be? This thing is great. Reminds me of that old show where the main characters traveled through time with some antique watch looking thingie.

Quote Originally Posted by nolgroth View Post
    Could be? This thing is great. Reminds me of that old show where the main characters traveled through time with some antique watch looking thingie.
    You're talking about Voyagers! That was a fun show from my youth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083500/

This idea is awesome. I hope you are able to complete it. Honestly I think if you desaturate the colors just a bit in your last version you would have a great inter-stellar traveler's device. That is pretty bad ass.
    Something witty and pithy

Guild Member

GAHH! We've been attack by a massive commenting splurge from (m^5)pig! MAN THE BATTLE STATIONS!

If fewer people would create entry threads I would comment less...
    Something witty and pithy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast