Thread: A Mysterious Figure Approches...

Default A Mysterious Figure Approches...

Greetings inhabitants of the celestial planes! I humbly come before you so that I may understand your culture and develop a lasting relation with your more friendly kin.

I bring with me only honesty and a willingness to learn, not of your sacred arts of creation and design, for I could not compete with such divinity, but of guild etiquette and companionship.

I am known as Auphilia, no title yet befalls my name, and I seek aid on my most noble pursuits.

What must I do to bear the fruit of the wisdom of your kind?

Greetings, Auphilia!
    For starters, please be cautious with your text formatting. We do like to keep a standard with our threads.

We'd love to know more about you, what you're interested in, and what you've made so far.
    If you have any finished maps that you would like people to critique, pay a visit to this sub-forum. We'd be happy to give you all kinds of feedback.
    If you have some maps in progress, check out these sub-forums. Make sure to follow the guideline post for each sub-forum!
    If you are merely seeking some advice, or perhaps some tutorials to mapping, visit these sub-forums.
    If you have any questions regarding how our forums, reputation system, challenges or tutorials work, ask away here! We'll be happy to help.
    Gosh, that's a lot of ifs.

And now, for the rite of passage: make a map! Submit it! We want to see your work

Welcome to the Guild.
    - Corilliant

Thank you for your assistance, Corilliant.

I should have been more specific, but I do get carried away with poetics.

I've been having a good look through the forums now, and I believe I've found the right places to acquire what I seek. I'll make a post shortly in the suggested format.

I have some in-progress maps, but I don't possess the talent to finish them myself. I will attempt to find salvation here, as suggested by another friend of mine.

As for more about who I am, I'm an aspiring indie game developer and am working on a fantasy RPG with a small development team. I've always been fascinated with ancient civilization, culture, and technology. My fantasy aims to maintain such authenticity in theory and practicality that it becomes more of a 'simulation' of civilization on new lands and under different circumstances, comparable to our historic reality, rather than your standard fun and flashy fantasy. The amount of detail required for this is very intimidating, but definitely rewarding. I've had to do endless studying and speculation just to grasp the concepts of humanity in its most intricate form. I've grown a passion for this and I know I can't expect quality with my talent alone. Thankfully there are many people who become extremely talented in various fields whom I've come to befriend.

Aside from that, I'm just a very free-spirited, naive, crazy, creature.

What kind of character are you, Corilliant? I'm interested.

Greetings and salutations celestial traveler Auphilia.
    May your time within the Halls of Cartomancy be filled with awe and wonder.
    And may your development team find the aid and skill that they hunger for here within these binary walls.

Sounds like you're looking for map requests perhaps.
    We've got loads of talented people with many different and unique styles of map making, should you be seeking such skills.
    Well met and welcome to thee Guild, good Auphilia. ;D

I'm glad I could be of service!

Quote Originally Posted by Auphilia View Post
    What kind of character are you, Corilliant? I'm interested.
    Hmm...I'm a slacker. I have a knack for making sketches with a bit of potential, and then never finishing them. It's an unfortunate curse that can only be healed with less homework.

O fair Auphilia, thou dost inspire!
    Seek, that thee might find thy desire -
    from this poor maiden, newly come
    may these fine walls feel like home!

I pray that thee should only ask
    to find assistance in thy task.
    Knowledge here for those that seek -
    be thy talent strong or weak!

Companionship, at thy behest,
    just join in, that is best!
    Fun, friends, learning, thou shall see,
    as I have spoken, so mote it be!

lol... from one poet to another, welcome to the guild!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    I'm glad I could be of service!

Hmm...I'm a slacker. I have a knack for making sketches with a bit of potential, and then never finishing them. It's an unfortunate curse that can only be healed with less homework.
    If you give the laziest person the hardest task, they will find the quickest way to do it! ~ Probably Someone Important
    I know the feeling, but when the flame of ambition is lit, there is nothing that can extinguish it. Perhaps you are waiting for that spark?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Greetings and salutations celestial traveler Auphilia.
    May your time within the Halls of Cartomancy be filled with awe and wonder.
    And may your development team find the aid and skill that they hunger for here within these binary walls.

Sounds like you're looking for map requests perhaps.
    We've got loads of talented people with many different and unique styles of map making, should you be seeking such skills.
    Well met and welcome to thee Guild, good Auphilia. ;D
    Thank you J. Edward for your warm welcome! I was indeed looking for a map and I have just finished my formal request. I'm excited to see who is interested in collaborating with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    O fair Auphilia, thou dost inspire!
    Seek, that thee might find thy desire -
    from this poor maiden, newly come
    may these fine walls feel like home!

I pray that thee should only ask
    to find assistance in thy task.
    Knowledge here for those that seek -
    be thy talent strong or weak!

Companionship, at thy behest,
    just join in, that is best!
    Fun, friends, learning, thou shall see,
    as I have spoken, so mote it be!

lol... from one poet to another, welcome to the guild!!!
    Wonderful! I was not expecting such enthusiastic welcome. The people here are very friendly. A rare gem on the internet to be sure. Thank you for your poetry, LadieStorm, you return the gift of inspiration.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild Auphilia! It's always good to see new people up here in these Celestial halls. Just thought I would say hi in my passing. See you around the forums.

Thank you! (Secretly I was waiting for the opportunity to go over 5 messages so I can use the Private Message system!) lol

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, you're past 5 now.. welcome to the guild and behold.. you have a title already - Guild Novice - may you aspire to more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise