Thread: High Fantasy Continental Map

Default High Fantasy Continental Map

Oh magnificent celestial sculptors!

I hail from afar and am the last of my kind. My people have suffered a terrible fate! I now humbly come before you seeking the aid of your magical talent to restore life to my barren homeland.

Before I departed, the elders bestowed upon me the blueprints of our once great Queendom. This vague portrayal is all that remains:

Details

This map is for an independent game primarily, but will also be used in any other ambitious portrayals of the lore including film, animation, graphic novels, etc. I'd like to immediately admit that I am not a soulless business-only type of human and it would preferable to me to work alongside you (the cartographer) as a friend. Currently everyone I'm working with on this game are personal friends of mine whom I've met over the years from various parts of the world. Please expect me to be constantly in your ear and head about the map and all aspects of your personal life (I'm joking, sort of). I must also put on the table that I'm hopeful for a long-term collaboration rather than a mere contract. This will, of course, depend on whether or not you grow undying love for me. As you can see, I have trouble being serious. What I mean by 'long-term' is offering a permanent position within our development team, for future projects. Now to the part in which I'm sure you'd all have preferred be at the top of this wall of text, ahem. I will openly say that this is our first product and thus there is no company 'income'. All of the developers will receive fair compensation once the game is sold. I just want to make sure no one wastes their time with me expecting an upfront payment. I might be able to arrange payment before the game is complete, but we can discuss the sticky legal details in private. I will refrain from going into details about the lore or game design specifics here, but would be more than happy to discuss anything with whomever is interested. There are more concept prototype maps and references.

Style

Quality & Size

• Professional / semi professional (It has to be high enough quality for players to stare at for endless hours without feeling nauseous.)

Time Constraints

• The time constraint is realistically within the year and quite flexible. I plan on working very closely with you and there will be plenty of room for theory and alterations before we reach a final map. This is absolutely nothing to feel any pressure or stress over. We should be having fun!

Copyright

• I would like copyright of the map, as it would be for a commercial video game series, as well as intentions of film or animation.

Contact Details

I might be the most informal person on this forum for doing this, but I'd like to be contacted via Steam if it is no inconvenience to you. Otherwise, you can PM me on this forum, and we can sort something out afterwards.
    My steam url: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Auphilia/ (You can also just search for 'Auphilia')
    Last edited by Auphilia; 04-29-2016 at 12:18 PM.