Thread: Space Vermin From Beyond!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default Space Vermin From Beyond!

I just thought I would show off what my latest project was: its a map and counters for a scifi game to be published by Tiny Battle. Its called "Space Vermin from Beyond!" (exclamation point included), and is a solitaire wargame with a retro-50's science fiction theme. Think Imperial Space Marines meet the giant ants from the movie "Them". Its been a lot of fun to make up. The map was a bit complex, with a fair amount of stuff jammed onto an 11x17 sheet, but the final result is pretty nice, I think. The counters were fun too, although I most definitely do NOT recommend building counters in Photoshop unless the number is low, like it this game. It just ends up being too much work. I have been told repeatedly that the software to use for counter creation is Adobe Illustrator, but I simply don't have the time to learn how to use it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vermin_map9.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	83154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vermin counters7.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	683.8 KB 
ID:	83155  

Beautiful piece, love the game board. Yeah, Adobe Illustrator is the program to use for the counter, however it works well with photoshop, so the illustrative pieces can still be done in photoshop while the type could be done in Illustrator. I would love to get more into this type of map making, but I need to learn more.

I'm quite unfamiliar with this style, but it looks pretty cool for a game!

LOL The character sheet thingy. They're all like simple 3d models and then there's the mad scientist..

P.S. Hello fellow Winnipeger.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Love that - cool board and cool pieces. I might make the pieces in Illustrator or in photoshop - but no matter which program I'd put it together in InDesign - so easy to copy, place and edit stuff in that when you have the illustrations already.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Thanks all. The Mad scientist is a picture of the game designer, with some crazy hair added on in Photoshop. Just a little "Easter egg" for the players to find if they want. ;-)

I did the art for the front and back cover for the game too. It was fun to do (the front more so than the back).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vermin backcover2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	83548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	them cover7b.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	83547  

Really fun board game setup Tim! Great work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh