Thread: Mapping a Campaign

Guild Applicant

Default Mapping a Campaign

Hello all,

Bear with me now. This is my first post on here after a couple years of loving all the beautiful art perpetually created and posted onto this forum. Now I have tried my hand at cartography, as you'll see later, and the combination of a lack of hours in a day along with the shortage of digital artistic talent leaves me here arms stretched outward toward you.

Introduction

I am creating a world for all my DnD campaigns to operate out of. My creative mind dump has been slowly and steadily coming together and taking shape. It is still in alpha with 1 campaign running through it and quickly skating around the world demanding more and more
    knowledge about their newfoundland.

This is where you all come in.

As a big fan of diversity and character development. I am trying to create a series of maps for each region, a world map, and then some more conceptual maps. The setting of the world at the moment is a combination of dark ages, early renaissance, and age of exploration with a whole lot of fantasy all combined into a hodgepodge of a setting. I am trying to make a series of maps that semi-correspond with the time period in which they were made along with having different styles and qualities to give the feel of different cartographers trying their hand over the course of history in the world. This project will also be continually evolving so if you are looking for a fairly reliable source of inspiration I am your man.

Those of you who choose to accept I will love you forever since I don't think this is a very regular posting. Also thank for even reading this far since this is a very hefty post.

TL;DR

I would love it if one or a couple people could help me out making some amazing maps.

[Compulsory] Commission

This will be Paid? and it comes with a fairly confusing "?". There will be a couple assignments that will be definitively paid however none of them are ready at the moment due to them needing to be populated a little more before getting assigned. The rest will be dependent on whether I have a deadline or quality requirement for the map. The rest of which will be unpaid and a great opportunity for some exposure and practice.

Most, if not all, of these will be posted onto the Wiki for our world along with all credit and mentions going to you, the artist, unless mentioned otherwise.

I do not plan on gaining any profit from this campaign, however, if I do end up somehow turning a profit on this I will be more than happy share with all the wonderful unpaid volunteers.

Also those who do a lot of good work will be rewarded more

Subject and Style

I'll give a quick overview of the different styles and types that I'll ask for the beginning
    Cultural Styles:
    *Norse
    *Celtic
    *Assyrian
    *Roman and Greek
    *Mongol
    *More later

Map types:
    *Nautical
    *Political
    *Physical
    *Freehand (made to look like more of a documentation of travels)
    *Abstract
    *Zodiacal

These will range anywhere from photorealistic to greyscale depending on the map. I can provide as much detail about each map as you'd like. This is just very broad at the moment due to the scope of the work.

Here is one of my better maps. I can't color to save my life so almost all of them are in pencil or pen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map 001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	618.9 KB 
ID:	83160

Quality & Size

Most of these will only need to be available for the wiki and for me to project onto a screen or wall. The ones that will be necessary for print I will pay for and will be a decently large size. Some of which may be smaller size just due to it's contents. For the most part though the bigger the better. Making things smaller is much easier than bigger.

Dimensions for Prints: Normal A4, Large A2, World A1. All Prints will be more on the professional side.

Time Constraints

Like I said most won't have constraints, however if there are constraints you can expect a reward.

Copyright

I don't know how copyright works but if I can use it on my wiki and campaign then I would be ecstatic. That's really all I need. I will give credit to you wherever it goes.

Contact Details

You can feel free to contact me at mondoseabrook--at--gmail--dot--com with any questions or inquiries and I will get back to you as soon as I can which is usually very quickly.

Once again thank you so much for your consideration.

**Edit** Another major type of map that I'll need will be urban maps for settlements or possibly the remains of them.
    Last edited by OGZeus; 04-29-2016 at 05:31 PM.

You've got mail!

-Dan