Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first map for public consumption

Map My first map for public consumption

I've always loved drawing maps, but since they were always meant for my own reference (for D&D campaigns and the like), I was always more interested in making them functional than "pretty".

This is the first time I've worked on a map that I intended other people to actually look at -- some friends and I just started a little online collaborative writing/freeform RPG project and I volunteered to handle mapping duty.

This is very much a WIP; since we're doing most of our worldbuilding on the fly, I'll be adding features to the map as people invent them in their story posts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fwpmaprev3hy9.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	538.2 KB 
ID:	7679  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty nice. I especially like the color scheme. The fonts work pretty well too. Nothing I would change so I grant thee a "Nice Job".
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Nice map!

Nice first post - welcome to the Guild! (unless you've been a lurker)

Posting a map with your first post is always a very cool thing, and nice job too. I'm in agreeance with Ascension all the way! Have some REP.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'll throw in my agreement with Ascension & GP - nice job and a first post with a map always deserves a little thrashing with my cudgel of repping.

I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It seems a lotr map for me, I liked a lot.

deserves some prestige(REP+)

Guild Journeyer

Looking good! nice colour scheme. welcome to the guild.

thanks for showing. looking forward to seeing more!

jez.

This is a very good looking map. I like the simplicity in design, and the overall color scheme and style. Keep it up!

Guild Member

Awesome, functionality over design, yet still looks nice! I'ld like to see it progress, so whenever you add more to it, be sure to keep us updated!

Rep+

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I'll be sure to keep updating as new stuff gets added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast