Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Village of Marmenadir

Map Village of Marmenadir

Hot on the heels of Fuervald is this new town, exploring a region of Luma that I've not gone into before - the Lands of Cardemir.
    This one has some Mediterranean Greek influence with roof tiles and colors.
    Just a little fishing village up on a rocky ridge by the sea, Marmenadir isn't a big or particularly prominent village.
    But there are some interesting things that go on down in the caves....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Village of Marmenadir by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	1315 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	83241
    This one almost made the one-day mark, but then I decided to make some additions and add some boats and blew that.
    Took about 16-18 hours spread over 3 days. Still trying to get that one-day town.

Beautiful! I really like how you did the shallow water. And the detail work on the roof tiles is wonderful (but honestly, I bet this level of detail might be difficult to achieve in a single work day). It would take me twice as long to achieve a map with this sort of detail, and it wouldn't look as nice as this one does. Kudos.

P.S. Your speed at map-production keeps out-pacing my ability to rep you

Cheers,
    Arsheesh

Amazing... three days. You keep blowing me away.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Beautiful! I really like how you did the shallow water. And the detail work on the roof tiles is wonderful (but honestly, I bet this level of detail might be difficult to achieve in a single work day). It would take me twice as long to achieve a map with this sort of detail, and it wouldn't look as nice as this one does. Kudos.

P.S. Your speed at map-production keeps out-pacing my ability to rep you

Cheers,
    Arsheesh
    Well, rep when possible but no worries if not possible.
    The roof tiles are normally all hand drawn, but this time I tried making some roof tile brushes.
    Most didn't work but one did. So these roof tiles were made with a brush I made the other day.
    That sped things up massively. It wouldn't work well for a large city I don't think. But for towns and villages that use this sort of roof tile it will help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Amazing... three days. You keep blowing me away.
    Well, the faster I can do these than the more i can do.
    So it always pays to try new things that can improve speed.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I really like these new cities and towns you are making. Fantastic stuff! Makes me wish I had an atlas full of your work!

Hopefully in time I'll have enough locations from Luma that I can put one together.
    And also enough story content too I guess. That's what I'm working toward. Slowly.

Another beautiful village! And this time, it seems than I can rep you, so done!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Gorgeous work J! All those details and neat little choices done in such a short span of time for a great little map, just blows me away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast