Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Village of Marmenadir

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great work once again (and fast too) - love the colors, the white walls really stand out and lovely work on the water/beach/boats - looks like a place I'd like to visit
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

This is absolutely gorgeous! It makes me think of one of those little fishing villages in Italy, or Spain, maybe. What are you using to produce this? I love the shallow water, and the way you can tell it's up on a rocky hillside, or mountain. I also really like the font you are using. Have some rep from me (Now that I actually have rep to give!!!)
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another beautiful village! And this time, it seems than I can rep you, so done!
    Thanks Ilanthar
    Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Gorgeous work J! All those details and neat little choices done in such a short span of time for a great little map, just blows me away.
    Thank you GLS Hopefully the improvement in speed will allow me to do many more maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Excellent map, John!
    Thanks Sap
    Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Excellent work J.
    Thank you Max
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Great work once again (and fast too) - love the colors, the white walls really stand out and lovely work on the water/beach/boats - looks like a place I'd like to visit.
    Thanks Tilt Yep, I would like to hang around the beach there right about now. We've got rain all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    This is absolutely gorgeous! It makes me think of one of those little fishing villages in Italy, or Spain, maybe. What are you using to produce this? I love the shallow water, and the way you can tell it's up on a rocky hillside, or mountain. I also really like the font you are using. Have some rep from me (Now that I actually have rep to give!!!)
    Thanks Ladiestorm I do all of this in Photoshop drawn with a digital tablet/pen.
    The font is Four Score titling, I think. I'd have to check to be absolutely sure.

Looks amazing man. You always continue to impress me.

Wow. Just wow! I joked before that you were a machine. Now I'm thinking you're an alien!

I think I actually like this one better than Fuervald because the colours here really appeal to me. I love the grass along the clifftops and those stairs down the cliff are fab. And the waves rolling in on the beach.... sigh... I need a holiday somewhere warm!

It's fantastic work. Won't be able to rep you again so soon, but I wish I could.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

I'm stunned how your work always strikes a chord in me that says: this is one of the fantastic places of desire you were always looking for, even if you didn't know it yet. Thanks for that John! A shame i can't rep you again... The umi-no-toridean color scheme is lovely and evokes images of aegean villages, and the fact that this is a pirate nest, makes it even better Looking forward to see that one-day town ... one day ... if the temptation of details isn't too strong. But i guess everyone here is happy seeing the "byproducts" of this task.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Journeyer

Amazing work, liking it a lot.

Village in a day... Tell that to Caesar.

Blog Entries

Here is another one of your wonderful little masterpieces!

Wow, love this map. Great artwork.

Wow, I'm getting slack. I missed these comments and just saw them. For shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SrgDark View Post
    Looks amazing man. You always continue to impress me.
    Thanks Srg
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Wow. Just wow! I joked before that you were a machine. Now I'm thinking you're an alien!

I think I actually like this one better than Fuervald because the colours here really appeal to me. I love the grass along the clifftops and those stairs down the cliff are fab. And the waves rolling in on the beach.... sigh... I need a holiday somewhere warm!

It's fantastic work. Won't be able to rep you again so soon, but I wish I could.
    An alien machine I can live with that.
    Fuervald was more of a test of style, but this one was more directed and I think it shows.
    I need a holiday too. One by the water would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I'm stunned how your work always strikes a chord in me that says: this is one of the fantastic places of desire you were always looking for, even if you didn't know it yet. Thanks for that John! A shame i can't rep you again... The umi-no-toridean color scheme is lovely and evokes images of aegean villages, and the fact that this is a pirate nest, makes it even better Looking forward to see that one-day town ... one day ... if the temptation of details isn't too strong. But i guess everyone here is happy seeing the "byproducts" of this task.
    Thanks Abu I actually managed a one day town/city though it's not been posted yet.
    It's part of a book concept I'm working on. Of course it's a black and white scheme, but still... one day settlement achieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzurePlanet View Post
    Here is another one of your wonderful little masterpieces!
    Thanks so much Azure
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostywheat View Post
    Wow, love this map. Great artwork.
    Thanks Ghosty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast