Thread: Large realistic fictional medieval world map, please help

Guild Novice

Default Large realistic fictional medieval world map, please help

Hello, I joined several months ago to try and learn how to make maps for my fictional world. In the past few months I've made very little progress on the map, and I realize it is going to take someone with considerably more talent than I have to make a map that I want. The project is (in my opinion, but maybe i'm wrong) quite large, as it contains over fifty countries and nine hundred cities. I only have the capitols on the map, but i have a list of the cities sorted by country. My very rough sketch is this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aferian political map.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	83289

There are some details of the map that i have planned but are currently missing, and I will give those to you if you decide to accept. The map is approximately 10875 miles across. I would like to have the map be designed similarly to the map of Ferelden from the dragon age series. I would like professional/semiprofessional quality, the size is whatever is required to fit the listed cities, i would like the project finished within a years time ( or earliest convenience for the artist). I would also like to have the copyright to the map, but will allow the artist to display it if they wish.

I realize i'm asking for a lot, and i will help with whatever i can when i can. I would like to keep close contact with the artist during their creative process. I am willing to be flexible when it comes to the details of the project. If someone could help me with this i would be greatly appreciative.
    You can contact me at sclor99--at--yahoo.com (remove -- and change at to @)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

Got $50,000
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by jpstod View Post
    Got $50,000
    My price would probably have half as many 0s.

Message sent.

Yes, it sounds like an interesting project but I would likely charge more than you were looking to spend.
    But hopefully you'll find a good map maker to work with.
    Cheers,
    J

Guild Novice

This project has been taken