Thread: A few of my works in progress.

Post A few of my works in progress.

Might as well jump right in.

http://home.comcast.net/~tgdye/cc2.htm

I plan on creating the outside of the Drunken Mermaid by modifying an existing symbol and plan to zoom in on the interiors.

Tommy

Is that an orchard in the top right corner of Apple South Bridge Defense Garrison?

The Docks District needs some more character I think. Something to break up the uniformity and rigid appearance.

The others are looking good.

Is that an orchard in the top right corner of Apple South Bridge Defense Garrison?

Yes it is.

The Docks District needs some more character I think. Something to break up the uniformity and rigid appearance.

I may cobble or dust fill the streets and add a few more ruined buildings, as well as add a few tents for a trade area.

BTW the Drunken Mermaid is the building in the top right corner on the left side of the river.

The others are looking good.

Thanks for the input.

Guild Applicant

Post Re: A few of my works in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by tgdye
    Might as well jump right in.

http://home.comcast.net/~tgdye/cc2.htm

I plan on creating the outside of the Drunken Mermaid by modifying an existing symbol and plan to zoom in on the interiors.

Tommy
    Hi
    On the first map, Apple South Bridge Defence Garrison, the cartoushe is way to big, it totally dominates the map, the garrison itself looks tiny and out of place and detached from its surrounds, you might want to add a moat around it, or some outer defensive positions.

I agreewith the comment on the docks looking to uniform, but they also sorta loook out of place as there is no reference to where they fit in the grand scheme of things

Otherwise, nice maps

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    Hi
    On the first map, Apple South Bridge Defence Garrison, the cartoushe is way to big, it totally dominates the map, the garrison itself looks tiny and out of place and detached from its surrounds, you might want to add a moat around it, or some outer defensive positions.
    I will probably, remove some detail from this map and do another map that consists of a zoomed in view of the garrison containing more detail. My original map did have a moat, but I forgot to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    I agreewith the comment on the docks looking to uniform, but they also sorta loook out of place as there is no reference to where they fit in the grand scheme of things

Otherwise, nice maps
    I am working on the rest of the the city one ward at a time, and will do an overview map of the whole city at some point.

BTW does anyone know of a symbol set that contains tents/stalls that would look good for use as an open air market?

Thanks

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tgdye

BTW does anyone know of a symbol set that contains tents/stalls that would look good for use as an open air market?
    I believe City designer has just that.

The tents on the right are from the nomad set...the other ones (the ones in the symbol picker) are from default set.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Thanks

I guess that's one more reason for me to buy CD

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, City designer is probably my favorite add-on. What you're seeing on screen there is one little section of my mercantile/bazaar section of a city I haven't finished yet. Notice the stalls, tents, and whatnot along with the actual buildings?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Aaaargh! Methinks the Drunken Mermaid would make a fine addition to any city!

There's no pirate emoticon.

Anyway, nice work.

Lorne

Thanks. I have been working on an updated map, maybe I will get to post it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne
    Aaaargh! Methinks the Drunken Mermaid would make a fine addition to any city!

There's no pirate emoticon.

Anyway, nice work.

Lorne