Thread: Greetings again!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Greetings again!

Hi

My name is Zach Glazar and I joined awhile ago, but I dropped by again to leave a donation and hope to visit more often. I am not a cartographer but I love fantasy maps.

I came here back in 2012 looking to make maps for a kick starter project. After a week or so of browsing I realized I better hire someone as I was never going to produce what I wanted- just looking at the sites gallery was a humbling experience. To make a long story short I got the maps I wanted from an amazing cartographer. It was part of a package that was nominated for a 3 Castkes and 2 ENnie awards (one directly related to cartography). It did not win but I attribute a large part of its reception to Alyssa (the cartograoher I first noticed here).

Thtee years later I am familiar enough to be dangerous with Adobe CC and would like to learn more about actual cartography. Although I self published for my two box sets my work now is focused as a member of Frog God Games.

Our cartographer is a busy professional and I want to make better 'pre-maps' to save him time. I also hope to make improved ' brainstorm' maps for myself. I love fantasy maps more than fantasy art and am happy just to be an amatuer that gets to work with professionals and tinker around with the tools.

Anyway, I am grateful for the existence of your forums and the hard work put in by your admins and active members.

Zach Glazar
    Frog God Games - www.FrogGodGames.com
    Lesser Gnome- www.LesserGnome.com

Hi Zach, welcome back! Look forward to seeing some of your work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Welcome (back) to the guild Zach!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hey thanks!

It will be awhile before I post any of my work. A handful of small, simple maps will published soon, but I have a long way to go before throwing anything up here.

I have much reading and practicing to do here first. Need to soak it all in. Especially now that I have all the tools.

Looking forward many, many hours of frustrating fun.

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Nog View Post
    Looking forward many, many hours of frustrating fun.
    That's the spirit!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Welcome back Zach! I checked out your site to have a look at the map you referred to and it is indeed a beauty. I'm not familiar with the style though and having a hard time placing the artist. Anyway, look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild Zach. When you're ready then remember to post your work in progress in a WIP thread for help and critique while you work instead of after
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise