Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Paid] In Need of a Custom Map

Blog Entries

Its been chugging some more, this time double size - its up to 3000x4000 now so the next stage is to break this up and render it in 16th's which is going to be well slow so its here that the climate params have to be right. To check that I pushed this version through the texturer just to check and I think its alright. Maybe the desert could be a bit sandier colored but thats easy to fix later in the texture settings.

Were a bit beyond the point of change now. Its too slow to go back now so I hope this next WIP gives an impression of the final. Its just scaling up now.

Its looking good. I like how its turning out a lot, so what your are doing is defiantly going in the right direction. I'm quite impressed really.Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Galrion; 11-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries

A lot of good and a tiny bit of bad news. The script has been written and it was tested and ran through and produced a map. Then I upped the amount of processing and let it have the full shot at it. Well the good news is that it ran to the end and completed and gave me a 12Kx16K map and the bad news is that I got a parameter wrong and its killed the cliffs. So heres some WIP's. The first is what the whole map looks like which has been reduced from the big one. The second one is a close up of a small section. There is the problem where the cliffs slope off into the sea and second is that theres a lot of these spots of water in places. I found the bit code making them. A tiny error but after 160,000 iterations it made a difference. I have altered that bit of code but its already in the last stage so i'll have to fix these up at the end.

I made 7 changes to my app based on this map. A smallish bug, a couple of changes to make things better and a new feature.

I tried to resample the final and PaintShopPro barfed. I downloaded Gimp and it did it alright but in the end I used GTS to do that job. I thought that Gimp was x64 by now. They say that its supposed to be released this month x64. I see its now multi core too so ill probably change to Gimp in the next few months now.

One thing I was pleased at is that all my GTS tools ran to perfection. All the errors were stuff it was supposed to do but not how I wanted it. No crashes or barfs at all and this is a pretty big map.

Anyway - it will be a few more days. I need another 24hr run with different parameters and this time, ill be checking the 3D view instead of looking just at the color renders as it does it.

(c) Viewing Ltd 2008 - all rights reserved.

Blog Entries

There - your map is done. Both issues fixed and it looks very nice too.

Its a bit late to upload it so ill do that tomorrow eve. You also wanted it cut into sections I believe. Its 12Kx16K so do you want 6x8 sections of 2Kx2K pages with no overlap right ?

The full image is 280Mb and cut up I expect it will be just ever so slightly less. But I cant upload both versions at the same time and my upload is pretty slow compared to my download. Let me know what you want.

Blog Entries

Finished map at about 1/20th scale and 1:1.

(c) Viewing Ltd - All rights reserved

Post Link big maps broken...

Hey Redrobes, I'm trying to download the large versions of this map from the link you provided Galrion - but the link is apparently broken...

Please fix it.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I just checked and downloaded them from the web page and both were alright for me. The page says Top and Top but they link to top and bottom versions so the links are good if the page names are wrong. I'll PM you and sort it out. Do you have an FTP drop zone ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234