Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great River Region Commission

Map Great River Region Commission

Here is a second set of commissions I recently completed for Knight Errant Games' forthcoming Hero's Tears RPG. These two maps show the greater region in which the previous Barrowlands map is set. The color map is a "current day" look at the region whereas the B&W map shows the region as it appeared at an earlier stage in the world's history. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great River Region Final.jpg 
Views:	1933 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	83672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great River Region B&W.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	83673  

These maps are so inspiring, great job. Your mountains and hills are so well done. Only one small observation would be the full ridge line for Lake grey could maybe use a second ridge line so the full Lake doesn't look like it could go over the wall? Have some reps

Great work !

Your style is so awesome and inspiring.. Amazing work.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Gorgeous map Arsheesh! I like it even more than the previous one. Those buildings are also superb. And speaking of those, why Thunder Falls is absent of the colored version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Gorgeous map Arsheesh! I like it even more than the previous one. Those buildings are also superb. And speaking of those, why Thunder Falls is absent of the colored version?
    That's what I noticed at first too! THunder Falls isn't there, plus other things are changed.

Then I noticed what Arsheesh said: "The color map is a "current day" look at the region whereas the B&W map shows the region as it appeared at an earlier stage in the world's history."

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Beautiful work!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Stunning map!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    These maps are so inspiring, great job. Your mountains and hills are so well done. Only one small observation would be the full ridge line for Lake grey could maybe use a second ridge line so the full Lake doesn't look like it could go over the wall? Have some reps
    Good observation. This was something I struggled with knowing how to best represent. Grey lake is supposed to sit atop a sort of plateau, so I didn't want to recess the lake too much. However a small recession may have been a good choice. Food for thought for future maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Good eye. Yup, Josiah has the right of it, there are a number of small changes between the maps having to do with their different time-lines. In this case however Thunder Falls actually appears in the final version of both maps sent to my client. However I must have accidentally uploaded an older version of the map...oops.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast