Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coastline, should I or should I not?

Oula... Okay, after three days of practicing coastlines I decided to take it on one of my newly made paper map, and yay! Another project for me! Will have to redraw it again... another week drawing non stop >.<... Anyways... I guess I will search for another way to seperate the land and the sea... Maybe instead of drawing on the coast, I could draw in the middle of the ocean something... Something but what? I do not draw really well (except for mountains and forests).
    Argh argh argh... Once I will have access to the scanner I will scan the failed map and post it here so you guys can help me.

Well.... Here is a picture of what it looked like... It's another map, but still about the coastlines. I don't really like the results, the tiny islands just disappear in the lines...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suite B2 001.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	923.6 KB 
ID:	83876

Now I am thinking about changing my coast lines for another type. On that image, I think I prefer the dots waves (with the black writting)

Name:	ARGH WAVES COASTLINE 001.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	83877

I like the dotted waves myself. I think it looks really good with the dots. The dots and classic seem to be my favorite.
    Hope that was helpful. And btw, your maps are beautiful.
    -Chris

Thanks Chris. I will go with the dots.

Well, I practiced the dots waves and dunno... I think it's even worst than the last one x.X

Name:	waves 001.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	84092

I know it's pale, but me and scanners don't go together >.<

I think I like the wavy lines, but I also like these dotted waves. What are those spiky things around that island in the south?

And for the paleness you can easily darken it with any photo editing program.

In the previous one why did you have waves along the rivers? And how did you change it from before?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    I think I like the wavy lines, but I also like these dotted waves. What are those spiky things around that island in the south?

And for the paleness you can easily darken it with any photo editing program.

In the previous one why did you have waves along the rivers? And how did you change it from before?
    They represent rocks on which boats often crach near the sea shore. However, in my world, some are much bigger and that is why I draw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post

Erm, I scan and make a copy then print XD As simple as that! Well, for the rivers why they had waves, was just practicing everywhere (even did some waves on my dog, joking)

Hmm. I don't think it's that bad, but it's still not quite there yet. Maybe add more spacing between the layers of waves? And instead of dots, just make shorter dashes? You can also add a third rank of waves here and there to give it variety or suggest shallows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast