Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The world map of fools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The world map of fools

This is a project visualizing the world map which many fools in the world imagine.
    If you can see this map comfortably, you are definitely a fool.
    Brazil in Africa and an Disneyland as a American state...
    You must be careful, in Brazil, a lot of hungry monkeys walk on the streets trying to eat tourists and poor men can try to assalt you too. Do not drink brazilian water, it can kill you in seconds.
    ...and my favorite: Iran(Iraq) after all is all the same.
    www.chakuriki.net/en/world/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vakaworld_050617.gif 
Views:	132 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	7731  

Well, they labeled the American northeast "Yankees" and not Red Sox, Mets or Philly so they can't be that foolish...

jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Hey, they actually have Sealand on there, most people don't even know it exists, and its almost, kinda-sorta in the right spot.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

In the old days the ole BBC weather used to look like left panel, then later they changed it to middle saying that this was more representative of the way Britain actually looks because they view it from a point with perspective. There was a lot of people saying that it distorted the UK map and I think thats a fair point too. So my third image is how I expect to see BBC Scotland do its weather in the future

Theres some great maps where the areas have been sqished and magnified to allow for certain stuff like amount of pollution generated where Africa is tiny and the US is very large etc. These are great to look at. The one I liked the most was called the world according to people from Sloan Square - a small upmarket area of London who are perceived as seeing the whole universe center around them. Obviously the square was outrageously distorted along with the Ascot horse racing etc. It was pretty funny.

Post but...

but Hawaii should be in the Caribbean - as many, many people have told me in the past, believe it or not?

I know people that my believe this map is real... well almost!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joćo paulo View Post
    This is a project visualizing the world map which many fools in the world imagine.
    If you can see this map comfortably, you are definitely a fool.
    Brazil in Africa and an Disneyland as a American state...

...and my favorite: Iran(Iraq) after all is all the same.
    www.chakuriki.net/en/world/
    Hmm... I like this map. Maybe we should redo the worlds borders to match it. A Disneyland state sounds like a good idea to me

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph View Post
    Well, they labeled the American northeast "Yankees" and not Red Sox, Mets or Philly so they can't be that foolish...

It should be called Mets, not Yankees

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Throughout my years on the internets I'm always amazed that people don't know where I live...not as an egocentrism thing either. There's a great big stainless steel Arch here, a bunch of huge rivers, the second most dominant baseball team in history (Cardinals are second in World Series championships to the Yankees), the Greatest Show on turf, etc. etc. etc. Now I certainly excuse anyone not American, but when someone in Colorado says, "Hrmmm...St. Louis...that's by Phoenix isn't it?" I get frustrated and hence the World Map According to Fools makes perfect sense. Nice find.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

St. Louis??? Isn't that in Quebec or somthing?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Quebec?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    St. Louis??? Isn't that in Quebec or somthing?
    Yeah, but isn't Quebec in France?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yeah, but isn't Quebec in France?

GP
    Frace, that's that small town in england right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast