Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tilt-Shift and Time Lapse Films

If anyone is interested, I've created a Tilt Shift Action that you can load into PS CS2 or greater and it will do all the lens blur settings for you. You still have to create an alpha channel yourself, and you must create one or the action will not work. I'm perfecting a better method of controlling the depth of field for the Alpha Channel and will hopefully be able to post another tutorial sometime after Thursday of next week, if not sooner (the semester is almost over!).

Here is the Action. Note: You will have to remove the .txt from the filename before you try to use it.

If you are not sure of how to load or use an Action in PhotoShop follow these directions:
    Place the *.atn files into:
    Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop X\Presets\Photoshop Actions where X is the version number for your version of Photoshop. To load an action set, go to the Actions palette, then click the small arrow in the top right corner and navigate to the location where you saved the action. Select the file you'd like to load and it will be added to the actions palette.
    - Quoted from this awesome page.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll give this a whirl in plain ole CS and see if it works, if not I can at least read it as a txt file.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I'm not convinced of the performance but this website (link below) is supposed to make tilt shift pics for you. To do the job properly I would think you need to have a depth buffer but here it is anyway.

http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

Yup, it just uses the old boring method of the gradient across the image. The method that RobA perfected is definitely superior.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Just playing around with another effect today at lunch taking a break from school work which I should be doing. Anyway, not Tilt-Shifted yet, but I'm not sure if the effect would be lost because of lack of reference background. I may just keep it as is.

The original photo is somewhere on the Internet I assume, but I couldn't find out which of the dozen copies is the original.

Speaking of Tilt-Shift, who watches, Wheadon's Dollhouse? I love the opening sequence with all the Tilt-Shifting that they do with it. It really goes with the whole "doll house" idea.

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to include the original... Now added.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arch.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	13122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monitorarch_700.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	13128  
    Last edited by RPMiller; 05-07-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I've gotten hooked on DollHouse - great show. Eliza Dushku doesn't hurt either

Neat image RP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456