Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guildworld - Lands of Nahadua

Map Guildworld - Lands of Nahadua

Guildworld... what a project. I think we've had a lot of success with this so far.
    So many great maps have been made. Hopefully we'll still have some more to add.
    This is the finished version of Nahadua. There will also be a color version but not sure when time will allow that to happen.
    Thanks for all the comments and fun stuff while this was being made.
    As always, I learned a bunch of new stuff doing a wip thread and that's always great.

My intention is to do some more maps within Nahadua. At least a few cities/towns.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild World - Nahadua [mono].jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	10.40 MB 
ID:	83920

Yes sir, absolutely fabulous. Those mountains are incredible.

You should do... all the cities! *85 years later.. "Done!" *

In my personal opinion I don't like how big the label for Il Mareus Kase is, but oh well.

Well, I'll be looking forward to the colour version, whenever you can do it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

First off, just wanted to say thanks again J. for heading up the Guildworld collaboration. It's been a huge success so far and your diligence and organizational skills were no small part of this. Second, what a fantastic map. I really admire all the work and care you put into detailing the contours of the mountains. They look absolutely fabulous. Also admirable is the amount of political locales you've populated the map with. You came up with a wonderful naming convention. Great font choice as well, it really suits the map. The subtle colors on this piece are beautiful, but I also look forward to seeing this alternate color version you speak of. I'll have to come back and rep you once I've spread the love around a bit.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected FilipeJF's Avatar

Holy ****, you're good! Incredible map!

Awesome map! Question: Did you make all the mountains by hand? No texture? Question two: Did you make the rivers first or the mountains first?
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Guild Journeyer

As the regular day of Master Il approaches its end, he stumbles upon a vision. Vision of goddess. Master Il falls to his knees, single tear on his left cheek. With wet eyes, and trembling voice, he prays;

Our Mapper in heaven,
    hallowed be your lines.
    Your kingdom come,
    your will be done,
    on paper, as it is in mind.
    Give us this day our daily feed,
    and forgive us our fandom,
    as we also have forgiven your delays.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us – the map once again.

Seriously though. teach me those top-down mountains.

Beautiful work, J. There's no other word for it. I'm constantly amazed and inspired by how you push yourself to try new things and then refine and perfect them.

Also, what Arsheesh said about Guildworld! I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for all your efforts there. You made the whole thing work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I have no compunction about telling you that my next project is going to have these mountains. Or, at least, my attempt at them! I want to teach myself how to do them on paper. Thanks for inspiring me.

Another big thank you for organizing the whole Guild World endeavor. I think it got me going more in the community here, and I probably wouldn't have jumped immediately into the Lite Challenge if I hadn't had such a great experience with Good World.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Outstanding map. The mountains are indeed fantastic.

Once again, a splendid map with awesome mountains! And I completely second Arsheesh about your work for the Guildworld .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast