Thread: Hail!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hail!

Hail people.

I'm from Brazil and get your link in a rpg website (rpgonline.com.br). I create some scenarios for my players and eventually I wrie tales and backgrounds of fantasy. In a medieval scenario, is very important a space view for the travels and the storytelling (spec. in epic stories).

By another side, I like the travel theme (not very much for tourism, more for life experience, if you can see that difference), and "charts", maps, this whole thing.

My brother usually says "You have to train to draw maps", I agree, but, how? Maybe you can help me.

Thanks and I'm pleased to meet you.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More Brazilian's!! Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baikal View Post
    I'm from Brazil and get your link in a rpg website (rpgonline.com.br).
    Ahh is that why were getting the Brazilian influx.

Welcome and don't forget to put your pin in the Member Location Map (link below)

Welcome to the Guild!

I hereby banish your BLUE PIP 'o' SHAME!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Baikal View Post
    My brother usually says "You have to train to draw maps", I agree, but, how? Maybe you can help me.
    Welcome to the Guild!

Many have come to believe that the Cartographers' Guild is an academy for learning how to create fantasy maps. This is true to some degree. Best recommendation is to post a map here and ask for help. Whether you draw by hand, or use software, someone here will have expertise to help you out.

Ask many questions. Expect us to tell you what's wrong and what's right with any map you post - we are here to help you out.

As far as training goes - cartography, the kind we do is more of a lost art, as in the real world mapping is done by computers or GIS systems, not the skills you would have in older times. So we keep the art and science of cartography active.

Let us help you!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

another one?
    I lost my place here.