Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A regional experiment

I like it alot. The colors and style really make this map stand out as a truely original map style. One thing that would bug me is the two different types of shadows from the key boxes to the fonts on the map. Otherwise quite impressive!

Guild Member

I dont know why, it could just be the moniter here in class, but the mountains look a little flat. Normally your mountains kick ass though, and the rest of the map is pure gold!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Thanks guys. I honestly have forgotten about the caves, gotta go and give em some love. I'll check the mountains too, I think I put some extra layers in there before I turned em back on so they lost their majesty. The shadows...yeah, I know. I tried to skew the city name shadows to make them fit where the imaginary light source is (top right) but it didn't look good and motion blur just looked like a blob so I settled on the straight down look knowing that I have 3 light sources going on (one for the key and frame, one for the city names, and one for the terrain). While playing with SketchUp I saw an option called 3d text so I'm going to see if it really does that and can make my shadows...problem solved if so.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234