Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea God Temple - Altar

Blog Entries

Personally I think riding the whale is easier to see whats going on faster. I think the tail needs to be looked at as the whale looks a bit Jumbo-esque to me.

I never really figured this out but there is a whole thing about "friday squid blogging". Do a google search and you get several hundred thousand entries for it. People seem to blog about squids on Friday. Yes - literally... Should be no shortage of squid pics. Its another LOL CATS and Epic Fails and so on...

The idea of the sea feel to it is pretty unique tho. Should create interest.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the simplification...trying to cram in too many things jumbles it all up and requires the ISO view just to understand it, sort of like if ya have to explain a joke then it's not worth it. I like the ISO one but obviously it could not be used unless you were doing the whole thing in ISO style.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post ISO map someday...

Not that I wouldn't love to try another completely ISO map - that's another project down the road! I think to try and fit the contest requirements without reaching to far out in style, would be best and that means, to me, a top down map view at I.C.E. scale.

With a hex grid placed atop. I'm going to try a subtle hex grid with transparency and changes color over different regions as appropriate.

Thanks for the comments! I'll have to think about the whale tail down the road, I've got lots more to consider in this map design.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post Hmm

Hmm first of all something completly irrelevant

@RR
    Aint a dolphin a whale as well?

@GP
    Anyways, I might be the minority here but I actually dont like Sargos riding on the whale. Maybe simply because I imagine a god being bigger than a whale. Why not let him hold the whale in one hand (and ofc resize it, so its a bit smaller than it is atm) and the trident in the other and use the trident to point the way (or whatever you wanted to do with his arm pointing forward)?

Would simplify it and you could still add something to his foot for more details like your crab. In addition I would consider to differ the texture between Sargos and the other objects, just using one color for the dolphin and the trident. I think this would add to the importance to the god himself?

Just my thoughts
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Post Use what works for you!

Use which ever version you prefer, their both here for the taking.

I decided on using the simpler version and used it on my Sea God Map WIP, here... http://forums.cartographersguild.com...8604#post38604

In fact, I'm almost completed with the design!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12