Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sea God Temple - I.C.E. contest entry WIP

Post YEah, over compensation

Yeah, I was over compensating. I thought the JPG was blurry, so I unsharp masked it - well now its too sharp and very pixelated!

I won't do that again. So what do you think - post 999. One more to go to be able to Bonk with +5

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

What about this one... ok its the side of a wall in an abbey but its like paves

Wip And for my 1000th post!

And for my 1000th post - I'm complete with the design.

Of the four rooms I imagine the upper left chamber as being the treasury, and the room on lower left to be the "vestry". The room in the upper right is the Cartographer's Chamber (sea charts are kept here), the lower right chamber is an administrative area and library - or the "sacristy".

I added some lawn and trees outside the temple to help define "outside" and I used RR's pavement to replace mine. Finally I placed the I.C.E. grid on top of the floor/ground level.

I need to slice this up into 8 x 10 pieces and create a multi-page PDF file to submit for entry.

Completed map below.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargoseum-final.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	7917  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Turned out very nice. Love the included maps in the Cartographer's Chamber.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Excellent Job GP! Love all the extra details you've added.

Can't rep you at the moment but I'll give you some in spirit

I started working on my submission to the contest but it's barely beyond some scribbles on a notepad in my office.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Yeah it looks awesome - somebody's going to have to go for it to top that one. I echo RP's comment about the maps. Its like, yeah and theres more of this if you want it. Heh - sock it to em.

Oh yeah, dont forget that PosteRazor app which cuts images into pages and makes a PDF out of them...

Nice job! The finishing touches on the other rooms really brings it together. Nice choice of mosaics, in particular the angry squid If I worshiped a shark-riding sea-god i would totally go there.

Ps: It's say I have to rep other people before I can rep you again :\

Stunning work, GP - best of luck in the competition! Make sure your audience are sure to view it at full scale where they can admire the mosaic. The only thing which I don't like so much are the stars around the main mosaic pattern. I think the picture would be better just with the tiles underneath, but that's just me.

Post Those aren't stars, Ravs!

Those aren't stars, Ravs, those are column bases. Think of this temple as a Greek styled Agora temple, columns beneath a dome of bronze is the front of this temple. With smaller square structures to each side and a larger square structure in the rear, containing the altar chamber.

Notice the shadows of the columns on the bases (stars) in the front.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Quick rendering...

So I decided to create a quick and cheesy 3D rendering of the temple - so you can get a better idea what it really looks like.

Note this was a 5 minute modeling job and 5 minute rendering - the textures on the pavement is really off...

I may do a higher quality modeling and rendering for a cover for the set.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargos-front.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	7946  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast