Thread: Sea God Temple - I.C.E. contest entry WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Sea God Temple - I.C.E. contest entry WIP

Sargoseum - the temple of the Sea God is my entry to the I.C.E. map contest. In the style of a greek temple, slightly altered for my purposes, since my sea god, Sargos, has been inspired by Poseidon.

Relying on 3D created objects, Xara Xtreme and photo images from CGTextures.com in the creation of this map.

Map dimensions is 36" x 48", where 1 inch = 3 feet/meters.

The attached is the incomplete main floor, just the floor, no walls yet. I have placed the altar to Sargos, as well as some columns at the entrance way. I still need to create and place my other planned bronze statues: dolphin, crab, fish, shark, manta ray. I plan to place them on the walkway to either side of Sargos.

See the octopus icon on the center circular tile? I plan to fill those eight smaller tiles with the other sea creatures, I've mentioned in the Map Objects thread for this same challenge. I'll use that same green marble on them as well. Once complete, I will put a bevel and slight drop shadow on the tiles themselves to standout above the mosaic.

The pool is open to the sea, as the temple is built right on the sea's edge. This is the place sacrifices are placed. Food items might be placed in the top circle, where the priest speaks to the worshippers or to the god behind him. Gems, jewelry, armor, weapons and other items are cast in the water. (Acolytes must fish the items out once the worshippers are gone, to add to the temple's treasury.)

Those two alcoves to either side of the temple will contain chambers and stairs, though at ground floor, one serves as the vestry, the other the sacristy.

I need to create the other statues and walls next. When the temple is complete I will create the rocky grounds, cliffside and the sea...

GP

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargoseum-floor.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	7874  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-17-2008 at 02:55 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations