Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple of Barrakis

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip Temple of Barrakis

OK, here's another temple I started working on while trying to work out exactly what I want to do with my Tomival Temple.

Here we have a temple to Barrakis - God of Serpent-kind, murder, violence etc. and so forth. This temple is dedicated to his aspect of Lord over all serpents, etc.

I may or may not enter this in the ICE contest, if nothing else it can be used somewhere in the CWBP.

As always C&C is welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barrakis-Temple.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	8047  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

VERY nice. Where did you get the statues? They are pretty cool.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Decent temple

I think this is a decent temple, SG, but I think your Moon Temple has more potential, but that's just me. I like your main cobra statue!

Don't feel you have to rush getting an entry into the I.C.E. Map Contest - the deadline isn't until January 31, 2009 - that's over 2 months away!

Just because I work inhumanly fast and have an entry already, doesn't mean you should feel you got to rush a temple in.

Create the perfect temple and beat the pants off me!

Good luck in whichever way you decide to go!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

@JFJr - Thanks...

@GP - Oh I'll finish the moon temple and enter it - I really like the idea, this is just something to do at work when it's slow (or the boss is on vacation ). I work on the Moon temple at home in the evenings/weekends.

Actually, before I started on the Moon temple I was going back and forth between doing that and something for this diety. Heck, we have that entire pantheon in the CWBP and nary (sp?) a temple for any of the members.

The snake statues are from Dundjinni - love that place for this kind of stuff. I even downloaded a 2-headed cobra that if I'm not mistaken RobA did.

I'm pretty happy with this so far though the steps leading up to the main statue need a bit of work, they are a bit tricky as I created them from the attached image and am having trouble getting the shadowing to work correctly.

Name:	CobraSkin.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	8056  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty cool G. Might want to put a blur on the outside terrain so that the eye focuses more on the interior, but heck, I can't do anything like this so ... you know ... disregard if ya want
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Pretty cool G. Might want to put a blur on the outside terrain so that the eye focuses more on the interior, but heck, I can't do anything like this so ... you know ... disregard if ya want
    Thanks...I'm not even sure I'll keep that terrain on the outside, it's just there to make it easier on my eyes to work.

Post Something like this?

I fiddled around with your snake skin steps - how's this for shadowing?

Another idea - get rid of those flagstones on your temple floor. Go find a splayed snake skin. Use the scales as cobblestones, insure mortaring exists between everystone (like a floor, unlike the snakeskin) and use appropriately colored stones and have a snake skin design in the stone floor itself.

Just an idea!

GP

Name:	snake-stairs.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	8064  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Got a few pics which might help - maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    The snake statues are from Dundjinni - love that place for this kind of stuff. I even downloaded a 2-headed cobra that if I'm not mistaken RobA did.
    Yeah-

That was mine.

So too is the golden mod:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant_cobra_golden_RMA.png 
Views:	813 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	8075

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Awesome - bonk !

CGTextures snake collection is growing too.
    http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=1819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast