Thread: Amazon Island

Post Amazon Island

There is a small Island called Ixinos in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting located in the Sea of Fallen Stars, and someone on another site I'm a regular at decided to do a Netbook for the place (there's never been any detail before, aside from it being an island of 'Amazons'). The material he was showcasing in that thread was really good, and I asked him if I could do the map.

He not only was happy with me doing it, he sent me a hand-drawn sketch with a few details, which I took and ran with, adding many more details and locales of my own.

I don't know how to post pics here yet, so 'll just provide a link to it.

http://markustay.deviantart.com/art/...-Map-102139757

This is one that was NOT a draw-over, like many of my other FR maps. Except for a couple of mountains I borrowed from the offical map, I'd say about 95% of the art is all me.

I'm looking forward to learning new techniques here and developing my own style, as opposed to copying the one from the 3e maps.

Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ixinos_Camapign_Map_by_Markustay.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	8008  
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 11-22-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added Map from link a thumbnail

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice - definitely looks like something that came out of a WOTC product.

To include a map, click on the "Go Advanced" button then scroll down a bit and you'll see a button for 'Manage Attachments' (you can attach up to 5 just be mindful of the size limits).

I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I added the linked image as a thumbnail for you. As Steel General said, you can use the paperclip on the Advanced post editor to upload images either from your hard drive or from a URL link.

Nice map....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nicely Done. Very Impressive.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave