Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Symbols Sets

Today I made a varicolor symbol catalog for CC3 overland maps based on the Jiraijirai TrueType font found on this really cool page of fonts.

That page has so many cool fonts that would look nice on maps, I feel more CC3 symbol catalogs are soon to follow...

I believe somebody here at the Guild pointed that Web site and the Jiraijirai font in particular out, but for the life of me I can't find the original post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

What a great find! These are really beautiful and incredibly useful for mapping. Thanks jaerdaph! I can't wait to use these!

Oh...help! When I click on the TTF file to download it it actually opens the file...could some kind sir please guide this simpleton as to how to download the TTF files?

Blog Entries

Yes fabulous find - I'll rep in a mo !

If I right click on the ttf file it asks me to download so I can save to some temp area. Then drag that file to the C:\windows\fonts dir and it should install it for you.

Cheers. I found a zip file at the top which had them all in and just unzipped to my font directory. Sadly cannot rep Jaedaph as I haven't repped enough after the last time!

Blog Entries

Ah right - for some reason its the process of dragging the file in that triggers the install of it. Don't know why but thats the way I have found it. Also although the fonts directory looks like a directory its one of a set of windows specials. Its definitely more than just a directory - its some kind of data base thing with a folder interface to it. Which I think sucks btw - I would prefer to have some unreadable garbage in there with a proper app interface to it and know it wasn't a folder of ttf files. If anyone has some good info on what its actually doing then id like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Cheers. I found a zip file at the top which had them all in and just unzipped to my font directory. Sadly cannot rep Jaedaph as I haven't repped enough after the last time!
    It's the thought that counts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Ah right - for some reason its the process of dragging the file in that triggers the install of it. Don't know why but thats the way I have found it. Also although the fonts directory looks like a directory its one of a set of windows specials. Its definitely more than just a directory - its some kind of data base thing with a folder interface to it. Which I think sucks btw - I would prefer to have some unreadable garbage in there with a proper app interface to it and know it wasn't a folder of ttf files. If anyone has some good info on what its actually doing then id like to know.
    What now who now? I haven't a clue what you're referring to...
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Here's two more varicolor symbol sets for CC3 overland maps. Utsuronaya is a collection of hollow arrows, and yajiri is a collection of solid arrows.
    jaerdaph

This varicolor symbol set for overland maps is based on the Nakht TrueType font found here:

http://havengar.freeservers.com/fontantg.htm

I really like the hand drawn look of this Egyptian Heiroglyphics font.
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 09-12-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Added new working link to Nakht TrueType font souce.
    jaerdaph

Link

If nobody has ever seen this before, it's a catalog of map symbols in .pdf format
    from a Francophone website. I haven't messed around with any of these yet but the range of application should be obvious.

http://www.paris-pc-gis.com/MI_Envir...mapping_fr.htm

There are lots of good symbols to use, though it's more geared towards the actual and utilitarian. After looking through the list I was unable to find any standing stone symbols, the purpose of my search. So once again I am forced to ask the world that great question that has troubled men since times immemorial: "Where's my Cromlech?"

I'm not sure if you know of it (though I expect you do), but an open source mapping program called Autorealm installs various fonts on your PC including a symbols font that includes various symbols such as a sunken ship, battlefield, etc etc.

So here it is:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast