Thread: Hello, how are you lot going

Post Hello, how are you lot going

Well I've been looking for a new forum, and i've i was recommend this. now, honestly, i'm horrible at drawing, i am totally unable to made well maps in any way. But i adore maps. I love to look at them, study them, read about them and use them in games. now on my blog (evilelitest.blogspot.com) i eventually hope to start making my own setting, through its a long term plan, but one of my largest problems has always been maps. So while i joined her, I'm afraid my position is a bit like a leech, a parasite, or a D&D party samerai. I don't really have anything to add sadly, at least not in terms of maps, but i certainly will be around trying to get a general understanding of how to properly use and make maps. So yeah, i hope i'm not too much of a hinderance and nice to see you all
    from
    EE

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No hindrance whatsoever; glad to have ya here. Lots of maps to inspire ya and I would also suggest to poke through the tutorials to see how easy (well, relatively) to do some of the things we do. Lots of free programs to get ya started with playing around...art skills not necessary.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hello & welcome, EE! I'm glad that you came over here. I think you'll be happy here. PM me once you get 5 or more posts, & I'll give you some map-making tips. I'm a novice here myself, but I can already tell that the people here are really friendly, & eager for fresh blood.

P.S.: Sigurd is here, too, just so you know.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

I hereby banish your 'Blue Pip o'Anonimity'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well sounds like you have described about 99% of us here at one time or another

Welcome home
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Hello & welcome, EE! I'm glad that you came over here. I think you'll be happy here. PM me once you get 5 or more posts, & I'll give you some map-making tips. I'm a novice here myself, but I can already tell that the people here are really friendly, & eager for fresh blood.

P.S.: Sigurd is here, too, just so you know.
    1) Ok, but why five posts? Is there a rule or something?
    2) Nice to see you around, I'm glad to have two forums to hang out.
    3) Ah, sounds like a good place

Ascension, i'll try to pick some stuff up, through I suffer both from lack of art talent and massive technophobia, so I suspect i'll take a while.

Steal General- Sweet, i can get some new title now

Neon- Thanks, i hope i'll find some place here
    from
    EE

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The 5 post "rule" is to help prevent spamming
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh ok, fair enough, good to know
    from
    EE