Thread: [Unpaid] Textures and Objects

Post [Unpaid] Textures and Objects

I'm working on a number of textures and objects that I can use for mapping Monster Island maps. I'm putting these together as fast as I can, but I could use some community help in finding relevant stuff that could work or get me close to what I'm looking for. Here is the list of items that I need. Some of these I've already created, but I'm open to looking at other examples and such in case there is anything better to choose from. First though are the "requirements". These are more suggestions than requirements except for the last one.

• Needed relatively soon.
    • Something relatively photo realistic.
    • The scale is going to be a bit whacky. Everything should look as if it is being viewed from 100 feet above (the size of your Kaiju), but understanding that a lot of detail would be lost that is not a hard requirement. Some of the items such as the personnel, vehicles, etc are actually going to be made into tokens (preferably top down) so that would not be subject to the 100' feet above.
    • 300 dpi as big a tile as can be reasonably dealt with; eg. 2000x2000 px
    • It should fall under the Creative Commons license.

Here are the items. I prefer them to be top down, but I'll take what I can get and can likely use it as a reference to make a top down version. Also, some of them are not going to be obvious from the name so feel free to ask if something isn't obvious.

Textures:

• Geysers
    • Molten Lava
    • Ocean
    • Quicksand
    • Swamps
    • Cement (buildings, parks, schools, etc. The buildings do not actually have to be drawn in as the scale is crazy.)
    • Lake
    • River
    • Asteroids
    • Snow
    • Ice

Objects:
    Buildings:
    • Bridges
    • City Hall
    • Nuclear Power Plant
    • Oil Refinery or Chemical Plant
    • Stadium
    • Science Research Center
    • Skyscraper
    • Space Center
    • Train Station
    • Towers
    • HQ

People:
    • Crowd
    • Idol
    • Police
    • Firefighters
    • Infantry
    • Special Forces
    • Jetpack Troopers
    • Scientist
    • Zero-G Troopers
    • Alien Landing Party
    • Battle Robot
    • Delok Saboteur

Vehicles:
    • Armored Personnel Carrier
    • Attack Helicopter
    • Infantry Fighting Vehicle
    • Main Battle Tank
    • Medium Tank
    • Mobile Artillery
    • Patrol Boat
    • Towed Artillery
    • Transport Helicopter
    • Truck
    • Flying Tank
    • Laser Cannon
    • Fighter Jet
    • Mobile SAM Launcher
    • Assault Shuttle
    • Attack Saucer
    • Scout Saucer
    • Mothership
    • Anti-Missile Satellites
    • Space Station

Effect:
    • Bombing Raid (lot's of small explosions)
    • Missile Strike (single big explosion)

Scenery (also referred to as stuff you can throw and hit with):
    • Boulders
    • Palm Trees (Top down and profile)
    • Building debris
    • I Beam
    • Power pole (Top down and profile)
    Last edited by RPMiller; 11-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That is entirely up to you. Obviously it would benefit everyone if you post it here, but you can certainly send it to me if you prefer.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

So what is the scale in pixels per feet/meter?

And for the tall objects, is any sort of perspective required, or is it a parallel projection you are looking for?

-Rob A>

hang on then...I've got a few which might fit the bill. Any copyrighty type stuff like 'this is going to be used for commercial purposes' we should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    So what is the scale in pixels per feet/meter?

And for the tall objects, is any sort of perspective required, or is it a parallel projection you are looking for?

-Rob A>
    Don't worry about scale just give me nice big images that I can reduce if needed. If it is something that needs a scale, just throw a scale bar on there and I'll adjust. The nice thing about Monster Island is it isn't all picky about scale and such. All movement is measured in actual inches, but I will be using these in MapTool eventually so I'll pick a scale that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    hang on then...I've got a few which might fit the bill. Any copyrighty type stuff like 'this is going to be used for commercial purposes' we should be aware of?
    Great! Currently there are no plans to do anything commercial with this stuff, but I would appreciate a note if you do use copyrighted work. I prefer CC if possible, but like I said, I'll take whatever I can get.

If this does turn into a commercial product I'll contact each contributor privately and talk about compensation. Again to be clear, there is no current commercial plans for this stuff.

Interestingly enough I'm getting quite a few contributions from the RPTools forums. Not so much from here though. If anyone is interested in what is being posted you can find them in this thread:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic....14823137b683a2

A few textures that I'm considering:

Downloaded from filter forge (Lava):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lava.jpg 
Views:	5485 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	8016

Created by me (Lava):

Name:	Lava1.jpg 
Views:	13969 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	8015

Concrete texture donated by dorpond:

Name:	pavement_6_1_.jpg 
Views:	33100 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	8017