Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [SCRAPPED]Temple of Tomival (Moon God)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For a simple icon you could use a human hand with a cut-out of a paw in the palm.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Redstar - Actually I hadn't, been mostly looking at 'Egyptian' stuff. Tomival (if you read the description of his main avatar in the WIKI or on my website) bears a close resemblance to MoonKnight/Khonshu from the Marvel comic. I did do some Google searches on Moon gods, temples, etc. but didn't notice any reference for Janus. Thanks for the info.

RP - that would be great, thank you! I'm in no big rush, lots of other things I can do on this while you try and get something put together.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Still looking for a wolf... Here is a head. I can do a skull if you want to go that route. In fact...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	human.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	7958  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Ascension - Didn't see your post until now (since it looks like I posted less than a minute later), the Hand/Paw idea is a good one too, have to try that. Maybe a blue hand with a star field paw out of the palm.

RP - If you can find the appropriate wolf skull that would be great to have the extra option, if not no biggie - I appreciate you taking the time to do what you have - it looks great.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Praise You have a second green pip!

SG, woohoo, I just knocked you into triple digits of REP and a second pip!

I like your lycanthropic twist and look forward to seeing which way you take this. Plus I owed you some REP and noticed you sitting at 95.

Just what my +5 Vorpal Katana can now bestow, this was my best shot at using my new weapon! Congrats!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks GP!

Lot's of us hitting the 100 rep milestone lately.

I need to get back to this - started it at work and took the .psd home but haven't touched it since, I really want to finish this one.

SG, I found both a couple models that might work. I'll see if I can do renders of both this evening. I don't think I have a wolf skull though, but I will keep looking.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

OK cool! Don't worry about the wolf skull if you can't find one, and please don't go out of your way to do this.

NP, gives me a reason to tinker, and the renders usually don't take any time at all.

OK, here's an idea I came up with for it - something fairly simple but hopefully conveys the idea of Lycanthropy...

Edit: Attached .PSD file in case anyone was interested. - Boy, this does weird things with .PSD file when you attach them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lycanthrope-Symbol.png 
Views:	2949 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	7991   Lycanthrope-Symbol.psd  
    Last edited by Steel General; 11-24-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast