Thread: [Unpaid or comisssion based] Map of Europe Request

Guild Novice

Post [Unpaid or comisssion based] Map of Europe Request

Good Day cartographers,
    I am new to map making and am the creative director for a very ambitious new project. THe project specifically is a fantasy world using an alternate earth theory and a European setting from around 1250 AD.

There are some differences we would like to make that I will be happy to share in detail with anyone interested. At the moment Ravensworth Press is not looking for greatly detailed views of the map. I understand the europe is a large map. We basically need a map the indicates the mountains and terrain and large rivers.

I will be honest and say that I do not know how hard what I am asking for is. I am very new to all this. I do know that much of our creative processes have slowed because at different time we are using road atlases etc... Their are currently 5 developers on the project each tackling a specific race or region. We plan to add 3 more.

The unpaid/Comission part of this is that if and when the work is completed the cartographer would of course be compensated and given a percentage share of the return. I have no idea when that will be or obviously how successful it will be financially. I do know that I have 5 very dedicated writers and 3 more wanting to work with us. We truly need your expertise.

Please let me know if I have posted the wrong information or I need to be more specific or even "Hey pal you are plain crazy nobody is going to do that".

Best Regards,
    Andrew J. Franke
    Creative Director
    Ravensworth Press

Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar

Welcome asjfranke and good luck on your project. You will need to make at least 5 posts to get private messages from people who are interested (it's to stop spamming)...so tell us a little more about your project just make five posts so people can send you pms if they are interested.

Guild Novice

Well I Guess this will be post 3. I ccan be a little more specific as well. I Forgot to mention that no politcal boundaries are necessary for this map as we will be creating them and using this map as our reference.

Guild Novice

I also should mention something about the size we are looking for. We really do not need anything bigger than a single sheet of paper 8.5x11.

Guild Novice

I have been corrected. it should be 1 11x17 or 2 8.5x11 pages

Post fge

Kool, im posting stuff!