Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Temple of Barrakis

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@RR - Thanks...

@RobA - Forgot about that one, though I did consider using it at one point.

GP - I'll try those steps tomorrow if I get a chance. I had given the whole snake-skin floor some thought, but I thought it might be to busy. Always worth a try though.

Haven't had a whole lot of luck with the snake skin textures, at least not ones I thought could be used as a floor tile. I did use some for the blankets & pillows in the priests quarters. Looks like more Googling for me tomorrow.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I know this is coming from a "noob" but I must say that I like the temple.

One critique though, and I am sure it would have been caught before the final touch, but if the stairs leading to the dais are going up the shadows seem to be the wrong way. They give the impression that they go down.

Like Ascension said, a damn site better than I have ever done Ignore comment if desired

@Korash - Thanks for the comments - the shadows are a bit goofy, gonna try and get them fixed soon. Gamerprinter was kind enough to play around with the image I used to make the stairs, I'll try his version and post it up against the first one and see how it goes.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Hooded Fane

OK, so here's an update...

1) Replaced the original 'snake neck' stairs with GP's modified one and adjusted the colors, etc. some. I think it looks much better.

2) Fixed the floor so that the tiles lined up. I did try some 'snake scale' textures but felt that they were to 'busy'

3) Other minor tweaks, adjustments, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooded Fane.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	8089  
    Last edited by Steel General; 11-25-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: New image

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Interesting effect on the sand.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That's actually a Genetica texture. I needed something for a background that was somewhat 'muted', and that seemed to work well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12