Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Sketchup - free 3D

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

The application cannot do that. The software was actually developed to create 3-D models for use with Google Earth.

I have not done interior yet and dont think I will. It would be very time consuming building models of tables, desks, benches etc. I think I could get some from googles 3-D warehouse and import them, but I have decided to do the interior in CC2(3). Ill post it when its done.

Here is a little graphic I will use for my wiki where the temple is described
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towersketch_132.jpg 
Views:	1465 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	262  

That was a great walk through of the capabilities of that app. Thank you for sharing your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    How about some ground cover? Is is possible to add some dirt or even grass to the ground? And can you do the same for the sky?

Just wondering if its possible with this app and you just haven't gotten to it yet.
    You can simulate it, by applying a ground texture and putting in an image as a backdrop.

I found a whole bunch of very high quality sketchup videocasts. Especially of interest might be this one:

http://www.go-2-school.com/podcasts/028

As it describes how to take a floorplan image and make a 3d model out of it.

-Rob A>
    (They are all quite good to learn the sketchup application itself. Be warned that these definitely require broadband!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12