Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaspamalga, regional map.

Nice map. I really like the style. I have one minor question - the white mountain tops between the Kingdom of Galtara and Brazel's Empire, are they snow capped hence the white?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Nice map. I really like the style. I have one minor question - the white mountain tops between the Kingdom of Galtara and Brazel's Empire, are they snow capped hence the white?
    That would be 100% correct. Do you think its a little jarring? I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it is the tallest mountain in the land and is snow capped. On the other hand none of the other mountains are snow capped... Any suggestions?

I have to admit that at first, I thought you might have missed colouring in a section of the mountains then I realized that it might be snow. This is just an idea, but perhaps you should remove the line at the bottom of the snow cap and have the white fade out into the colour of the mountains.

Another thing I noticed... shouldn't the shaded area of those mountains be the same black colour as the mountains to the north? The two different shades is a bit off setting to me (much more so than the snow caps).

Beyond my minor nitpicks, you have a really cool map there.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by elemental_elf View Post
    Hmm... I'm not quite sure what you mean... Are you saying the color I use for geographic areas and the colors I use to list off cities?

The major place that I see it is in the mountain range symbols compared to the rest of the map. I would tone back the mountain range from that black to the same gray as the other parts of the map (title, borders, etc...)
    Something witty and pithy

I just noticed something as I was looking at this. It appears that there are a few islands on the right hand side of the map that did not get colored in. I see the outlines, but nothing else. I don't know if that was intentional or not?

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

You might want to think about that really long river that feeds into the Kara Sea. The terrain surrounding it would have to be very precise for it to not feed into the Castleberry Sea or the Eastern Ocean. If you want to keep it, a good excuse would be for it to be running inside a long Canyon. remember that water always chooses the easiest path to flow.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Thanks Everyone for all your advice!

I'll have an updated map come later this week (Friday or Saturday)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12